Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hi guys
buckiebabyrr

Hi guys

Hi Guys and Girls

My name is Paul and along with my wife we will become range rover evoque virgins after the new year.

This will be our first range rover/land rover and this is probably the most excitement we have had ordering a new car, our previous history is .......
2005 Vauxhall corsa SXI
2008 Vauxhall corsa VXR
2009 Vauxhall astra VXR nurburgring
2013 Ford focus ST3

We have been looking at purchasing an automatic 5 door car for a while now as we fancied trying what most of our friends have been saying regarding automatics. We were very close to purchasing an audi RS3 at the beginning of the year but we werent very happy with the dealership so we walked away. We ended up with the ST3 (manual) but were still looking at auto's, we recently went to view the mercedez A45 AMG but although it was an excellent motor and our first choice the boot was very small and we struggled to get our daughters pram in it and we ended up walking away again! My wife was keen on the evoque so we went to our local dealer and i must admit i was quite pleased with the service and attitude of the salesman and felt important. So after a test drive and doing abit of number cruching with prices we ended up ordering an evoque.
- MY2014 9 speed auto
- Si4 engine
- Dynamic
- Fuji white
- Santorini roof
- Black design pack
- Lunar/ivory interior
- Privacy glass

Due to arrive in february but we are going to wait until march for a 14 plate registration.

Excited much Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Car history so far......
2005 Vauxhall corsa sxi
2007 Vauxhall corsa vxr
2008 Vauxhall astra nurbergring vxr
2013 Ford focus st3
2014 Cool - MY2014 9 speed auto,Si4 engine,Dynamic,Fuji white,Santorini roof,Black design pack,Heated steering wheel,Lunar/ivory interior,Privacy glass
01-12-2013 02:38pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Hi guys

I hope that you tested the baby's pushchair in the dealer's demo car's boot as Evqoue's boot is not vast. The automatic is a conventional torque converter auto, not an automated manual with DSG by the way. 1st and 2nd are extremely low geared for greater control offroad or when towing (it also has as standard an oil cooler unlike BMW/Audi and Merc autos) and I believe the 9 speed box will pull away from stopped in 3rd Gear, 9th is severely overdriven and will only engage above 60mph, basically an eco measure for motorway cruising

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-12-2013 03:09pm
mark_n

The first rule of Land Rover ownership is that the dealers are all over you like a cheap suit until you take delivery after which they couldn't care less. Sometimes, that happens before you take delivery.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
02-12-2013 01:22am
HeartbreakRidge

(02-12-2013 01:22am)mark_n Wrote:  The first rule of Land Rover ownership is that the dealers are all over you like a cheap suit until you take delivery after which they couldn't care less. Sometimes, that happens before you take delivery.

Are there other rules? Wink

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
Built: March 10, 2014 / Delivery Date (three weeks early!): March 26, 2014
02-12-2013 03:28am
xxxx5

(02-12-2013 01:22am)mark_n Wrote:  The first rule of Land Rover ownership is that the dealers are all over you like a cheap suit until you take delivery after which they couldn't care less. Sometimes, that happens before you take delivery.

totally agree.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
02-12-2013 08:00am
buckiebabyrr

(01-12-2013 03:09pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I hope that you tested the baby's pushchair in the dealer's demo car's boot as Evqoue's boot is not vast. The automatic is a conventional torque converter auto, not an automated manual with DSG by the way. 1st and 2nd are extremely low geared for greater control offroad or when towing (it also has as standard an oil cooler unlike BMW/Audi and Merc autos) and I believe the 9 speed box will pull away from stopped in 3rd Gear, 9th is severely overdriven and will only engage above 60mph, basically an eco measure for motorway cruising

We made sure the pram would fit when we were in the demo car it was just as big as what we have with the focus but was much bigger than the A class.
Looking forward to driving the 9 speed we only tried the 6 speed.

In Aberdeen i was in both audi and land rover dealerships and they actually dont take you seriously until you take out the cheque bookCool , audi especially really do look you up and down i love to walk in with scruffy clothes and watch there reaction. Aberdeen can be quite bad because of the oil industry its very snobbery and more expensive, which is why i prefer going to local dealers rather than the big city.

Car history so far......
2005 Vauxhall corsa sxi
2007 Vauxhall corsa vxr
2013 Ford focus st3
2014 Cool - MY2014 9 speed auto,Si4 engine,Dynamic,Fuji white,Santorini roof,Black design pack,Heated steering wheel,Lunar/ivory interior,Privacy glass
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2013 08:52am by buckiebabyrr.)
02-12-2013 08:47am
m_101

I agree! That was what I found at taggarts in Glasgow as well but they are decent for service once you have the car. Aberdeen was similar though.
Ps why do people keep copying my colour scheme?!

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
02-12-2013 04:06pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Well I live 16 miles from an excellent family owned dealership, Morrison's Land Rover at Bannockburn and over the years they have been great to me both on sales and servicing. I only stopped buying cars from them because I was able to get some fantastic deals in Lookers Park Royal and now Hadley Green Garage - both certainly made the cost of a tankful of diesel well worth the trip south to buy with far better valuations on trade-ins and when not buying a totally new model of Land Rover, good deals on buying have made the long haul south well worthwhile. I still use Morrison's for servicing if I don't happen to be going south when a service is due when I use LPR. I have found both service teams at the two dealerships to be second to none. Maybe it is the fact that both outlets have a highly motivated and very knowledgeable service Manager that makes the difference. Neither dealer is particular cheap for servicing but being a regular customer does have its advantages! I had horrendous experiences with Shields Land Rover who didn't want to sell me a Disco2 V8iES (they didn't even move from their desks even though I had an appointment for a test drive and the receptionist was too busy reading her daily Record and much a packet of crisps to even take my name! So have never been back) I have tried Stratstones Perth but was put off by what people on other forums had to say about Stratstones in general and the only time I have been into Pentland was recently not long after they moved out to the side of the M8 at Newbridge - they were very attentive but I wasn't buying that day!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-12-2013 06:08pm
tetstb

Test every inch of your car for rattles and poor trim and make sure absolutely everything works. Once they have your money you'll be on your own.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
02-12-2013 06:32pm
buckiebabyrr

(02-12-2013 04:06pm)m_101 Wrote:  Ps why do people keep copying my colour scheme?!

Best colour scheme Cool

Car history so far......
2005 Vauxhall corsa sxi
2007 Vauxhall corsa vxr
2013 Ford focus st3
03-12-2013 05:07am