Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help with wheels please
CD1

Help with wheels please

Hi,

Just considering different wheels for my Evoque. Ive chosen the other external options, but im really confused with the wheels and could do with a little help Smile

This is the spec im going for:

Model: 5 Door Dynamic Plus
Colour: Mauritius Blue
Contrast Roof: Black

I really want the black wheels (those gorgeous 20" ones) but having priced these up they are slightly outrageous to say the least! Then if i've understood correctly, on top of that price i would need to buy tyres !
(i know the above spec isnt cheap anyway, but i do have a budget and like everyone dont like getting ripped off)

Heres my questions:
1) does anyone know if you can order these wheels to come on the car from the factory, or do you still need to get a set of standard wheels with the car and then fit the black ones after yourself (thats what the salesman at LR told me, wasnt too confident that he was that knowledgeable anyway)
2) If thats the case above then ... i intend on choosing a nice set of standard wheels and powder coating them black myself. What's everyone's opionion on the wheel options, baring in mind they are going to be changed to black. Which ones would suit the new colour?

Thankyou Smile

Chris
01-07-2012 03:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kimv

Help with wheels please

(01-07-2012 03:20pm)CD1 Wrote:  Hi,

Just considering different wheels for my Evoque. Ive chosen the other external options, but im really confused with the wheels and could do with a little help Smile

I really want the black wheels (those gorgeous 20" ones) but having priced these up they are slightly outrageous to say the least! Then if i've understood correctly, on top of that price i would need to buy tyres !
(i know the above spec isnt cheap anyway, but i do have a budget and like everyone dont like getting ripped off)

Heres my questions:
1) does anyone know if you can order these wheels to come on the car from the factory, or do you still need to get a set of standard wheels with the car and then fit the black ones after yourself (thats what the salesman at LR told me, wasnt too confident that he was that knowledgeable anyway)
2) If thats the case above then ... i intend on choosing a nice set of standard wheels and powder coating them black myself. What's everyone's opionion on the wheel options, baring in mind they are going to be changed to black. Which ones would suit the new colour?

Thankyou Smile

Chris

1) as far as I know the salesperson is correct. Unless you can strike a deal to swap them or something you'll have to buy the black ones as an extra accessory

2) the nicest to paint in black are the style 6's IMO. But they are also not cheap..

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
01-07-2012 04:59pm
ChuckieB

RE: Help with wheels please

Don't know how it works for the style 9's gloss black as it wasn't on the price list I had but the polished silver style 8's upgrade would have been over a grand on a dynamic ordered car as an upgrade, tyres included. Would have reasonably expected the blacks to operate in a similar way.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
01-07-2012 07:39pm
Nowaytk

(01-07-2012 03:20pm)CD1 Wrote:  Hi,

Heres my questions:

Thankyou Smile

Chris

Hi Chris, I know that if you get those gorgeous black 20" wheels you would also have to buy tyres to go on them, then once the dealer has fitted them they will then say here are your standard wheels that came with the car when will you be taking them away.
I only know this as my brother ordered the black ones & then found out the hard way about the rest ( didn't read the small print ) I think you also have to purchase the centre caps for them as well.
I've seen a fuji dynamic coupe with the style 6's powder coated black & I must admit they did look rather nice IMHO
Hope this helps a bit with your decision
TK.

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
01-07-2012 08:20pm
BFGEvoqueMan

I asked a UK body shop about 6 months ago how much to spray my 20" style 6 to dark grey. He said £350 (and the colour was irrelevant). My advice is that unless going to style 7 from 6 when it is only a couple of hundred more, buy the normal style 6 and get them sprayed as it can't be more than £500 aftermarket.

It might also be worth asking a couple of your local car franchise dealers who they use to repair the wheels on their PX cars. I asked at a Ford garage in UK last year who they would recommend to get my kerbed alloys repaired and they said they have a contractor who comes to them and irrespective of how bad the kerb is they have a fixed price of £25 a wheel and I could leave my wheels with them to get done this way.

All I am saying is you know aftermarket and away from Landrover doing it will be cheaper so do a bit of homework now and tee up a sprayer etc to do the work as soon as the car arrives.IdeaIdea

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2012 03:40pm by BFGEvoqueMan.)
02-07-2012 09:06am
xxxx5

I would agree, order the standard 20" wheels, are get them sprayed by a local reputable body shop.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
02-07-2012 09:13am
J3NED

I went for the Black Accessory wheels.

1. You can't order from factory but Dealer just swapped the tyres that came on the original wheels over at no extra cost ( I have the originals stored away and could make some money back by selling them)

Oh and Centre caps where included

Overall I'm pleased I chose these as they really finish the car off Very Happy

Arrived: Mauritius Blue
SD4 Auto 5dr Dynamic, Lux pack, contrast black pano roof, 20" black 9 spoke rims, privacy, Ebony interior with ebony lining,
ordered: 31/01/12 - expected 25/06/12
Build date 04/06/12 - Collection Date 16/06/12 Very Happy
Current ride: Audi S5... Now Sold Sad
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2012 11:18am by J3NED.)
02-07-2012 11:15am
CD1

Many thanks for the replies, my sensible side likes the idea of £300 is to spray wheels, but then again the official black ones are really nice, going to have to do some serious thinking and maybe work a little harder lol
02-07-2012 08:15pm
smayo

Personally I'm going to try out this place http://www.citypowdercoating.co.uk
All 4 style 6's stripped, powder coated and laquered, with the tyres removed refitted and rebalanced for £160 the lot.

Only down side is I will have to take all 4 wheels to them in the wifes corsa. Good job they are not too far from me, as I will be able to take 2 at a time.

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
02-07-2012 09:32pm
Barton Evoque

(02-07-2012 09:32pm)smayo Wrote:  Personally I'm going to try out this place http://www.citypowdercoating.co.uk
All 4 style 6's stripped, powder coated and laquered, with the tyres removed refitted and rebalanced for £160 the lot.

Only down side is I will have to take all 4 wheels to them in the wifes corsa. Good job they are not too far from me, as I will be able to take 2 at a time.

I know a few people on the TT forum who have used this place and said they would never go there again.all saying quality was poor.Confused

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
02-07-2012 09:39pm