Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help needed with choice
jamesg

Help needed with choice

Hi,

I need to place an order for a new company car and have narrowed it down to the Evoque after looking at the XC-60 and Q3. My problem is that my company restricts the choice of car through limiting to emissions below 160, and value of car and extras must not exceed 10% of car value.

I have configured the following three quotes but am unsure which to go for. I am moving from an Audi A5 S-Line 2.0 TFSI which is quite highly spec'd. I am keen on AWD but my employer has insisted I will have to submit a business case to get this as 4x4 is excluded in our car policy. I do about 40k miles pa and cover all the UK, and having got stuck in snow overnight on M8 last year am keen for something to avoid a repeat experience.

I'd appreciate any thoughts or recommendations

(1) eD4 - Orkney Grey, Cirrus/Lunar, Tech & Style Packs, Rear Camera, Keyless entry

(2) SD4 - Orkney Grey, Cirrus/Lunar, Tech Pack, Front Fog Lights, Rear Camera, Keyless entry (Standard 18" wheels)

(3) TD4 - Orkney Grey, Cirrus/Lunar, Tech Pack, Front Fog Lights, Folding Mirrors, Rear Camera, Keyless entry, 19" wheels (style 4)

Thanks for your help, James
17-12-2011 10:37am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LP

Help needed with choice

Hi James,

I would be tempted to go for the ed4 option as it gives you loads of kit. I've never had a 'luxury' car before and have a Pure with the tech and style pack. The little things like auto folding mirrors make the car seem a little more special.

The difference in speed between the engines isn't huge. Have you test driven any of the different engines?

LP
17-12-2011 10:50am
jamesg

RE: Help needed with choice

Hi, thanks. I've not had a chance to test drive yet. Local dealership referred me back to leasing company, and they will only deliver a demo vehicle to our company's main office which is 250 miles away! Think I will have to act as a private buyer and try a different dealership.
17-12-2011 12:27pm
Daigriff

Hi James

Just go in as a private buyer and try them out it's the only way.

If I was on a budget I'd still try to stretch to the TD4, rather than the ED4 so that would be my choice and use the savings over the SD4 towards getting the pano roof and/or style 6 alloys as they really set the car off IMHO.

So option 3 for me.

BTW bin the other choices the Evoque is class...picked mine up yesterday and is exceeding expectations.Smile

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
17-12-2011 12:49pm
Straydox

(17-12-2011 10:37am)jamesg Wrote:  Hi,

I need to place an order for a new company car and have narrowed it down to the Evoque after looking at the XC-60 and Q3. My problem is that my company restricts the choice of car through limiting to emissions below 160, and value of car and extras must not exceed 10% of car value.

I have configured the following three quotes but am unsure which to go for. I am moving from an Audi A5 S-Line 2.0 TFSI which is quite highly spec'd. I am keen on AWD but my employer has insisted I will have to submit a business case to get this as 4x4 is excluded in our car policy. I do about 40k miles pa and cover all the UK, and having got stuck in snow overnight on M8 last year am keen for something to avoid a repeat experience.

(1) eD4 - Orkney Grey, Cirrus/Lunar, Tech & Style Packs, Rear Camera, Keyless entry

(2) SD4 - Orkney Grey, Cirrus/Lunar, Tech Pack, Front Fog Lights, Rear Camera, Keyless entry (Standard 18" wheels)

(3) TD4 - Orkney Grey, Cirrus/Lunar, Tech Pack, Front Fog Lights, Folding Mirrors, Rear Camera, Keyless entry, 19" wheels (style 4)

OK, I'm in a pretty near fully loaded A5 2.0TDI Sline too - so know that you will currently have Xenon headlights because they are std on S-Lines - you would miss those at night I'm sure.

Given the packs you must be looking at a Pure. Keyless entry is a nice to have - you get the stop/start button on the dash without it though so I'd ditch that and add Xenons which you would appreciate a lot more (and like your Audi have the 'signature' daytime running lights too).

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
17-12-2011 02:12pm
jamesg

Sorry, yes forgot to add the base spec, it has to be a Pure.
17-12-2011 02:44pm
caroline11000

I have a Pure with lots of options added. I think the front fogs are a must. Xenons are great if you are able to add them to the Pure, not sure if you can at the moment. Keyless entry isn't important to me but the one thing I didn't add to mine and now regret is the folding mirrors! I have the rear camera and do use it all the time. I have standard wheels which look ok. I guess it's what options best your needs.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
17-12-2011 03:03pm
Straydox

(17-12-2011 03:03pm)caroline11000 Wrote:  I have a Pure with lots of options added. I think the front fogs are a must. Xenons are great if you are able to add them to the Pure, not sure if you can at the moment. Keyless entry isn't important to me but the one thing I didn't add to mine and now regret is the folding mirrors! I have the rear camera and do use it all the time. I have standard wheels which look ok. I guess it's what options best your needs.

Xenons for a Pure are back in the December price list..............

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
17-12-2011 03:15pm
Evo-king

(17-12-2011 10:37am)jamesg Wrote:  Hi,

I'd say option 3 and push for xenons, they are supposed to be back, I've seen the Dec price list, but LR have not updated their configurator.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
17-12-2011 04:28pm
jamesg

Thanks for your help and suggestions. Have placed my order today:

Pure SD4 5dr - Orkney Grey, Cirrus/Lunar, Tech Pack, Front Fog Lights, Rear Camera, Folding Mirrors, 19" wheels (style 4).

I decided against the xenons as Lex claim they know nothing about them being available, and I wasn't sure what I would drop to get them as with the above spec I'm maxed out against my limit. I don't mind the DRL on the halogen lights, maybe I am becoming a grumpy old man Smile Decided to drop the keyless entry, its broken for the third time on my A5 this week so will be getting used to using the key fob anyway.

Now just have to wait until next Sept/Oct as Lex say they have a 8-9 month lead in time, and my current car is not due for replacement til then. Last time Lex tried to charge me for an early termination even though there was only a week left on the car.
22-12-2011 12:09am