Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help needed to decide ive been offered a ex demo car from a dealer
Firenze

RE: Help needed to decide ive been offered a ex demo car from a dealer

I would go for the Dynamic, I just saw a grey coupe in the showroom an hour ago and it looks really nice and the sporty styling of the Dynamic makes it look like a different car to me

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
26-11-2011 05:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fam1x

(26-11-2011 02:46pm)DynamicRRV Wrote:  You can have mine for £46k it's fully specified

Thanks but isn't yours white?

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
26-11-2011 07:47pm
Evoqess

That's a tough one - but compromising on color might leave you dismayed after a few months as you have already waited a while no? And only time will tell if an over specced Pure will be worth less than a Dynamic (with saggy two tone seats). I know which I'd prefer at a similar price point! So you see, there will always be buyers looking for a certain combo of features. Smile

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
26-11-2011 07:58pm
ytshome

The Grey wasn't my first choice colour but Im really pleased with it and ever so glad I went for it. Personally I wouldn't consider a Pure that was highly specced as I'd feel that I might as well have a Prestige or Dynamic in the first place but a standard Pure, or even one moderately specced is a great value car. However, and again personally speaking I'd be very wary of buying a dealers car because every man / woman and their dogs will have given it the beans and for a long term purchase I'd certainly either wait for the one you've ordered or pick up the phone and ring around. That's what I did and I managed to find something that Im really happy with, even though its not the one I'd have picked on the configurator. Good luck!

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
26-11-2011 10:51pm
Craig_d1

Unless you like the colour I'd decline. I bought a Pure while placing a dynamic on order. I was an idiot and originally placed an order which I cancelled before the launch as I was told that the boot was tiny....by the time I saw one it was too late and now am looking at june/July for delivery
Anyway, I bought the Pure as I'm taking a gamble that the depreciation on the pure won't be too steep and calculated I'd be losing £3,500 on my previous car,which works out 10% of the pure value.
However, if the depreciation in markedly steeper I'll be cancelling my order and sticking with the Pure.
Now the main reason I went with the Pure was that it was an SD4 auto 5 door which is my dynamic order, but also as it was Orkney Grey with Ebony leather interior. This was my colour combo that I was going to choose originally. So yes, I may not have the lux pack etc but it's a car I'm happy with because it's a car that looks a lot like the one I wanted, less a few toys...
What I'm trying to say is that cars are expensive, and you have to look at it and think whether you can live with your choice for the next few years or take a hit monetary wise. If you can't, be patient and go for the car you want.
You also have to think that the car you're being offered wont be available for another 2 months, and as stated in the previous post, that's an awful lot of bums on seats getting in and out of that car....do you really want to pay list price for a car you won't get for 2 months which have a lot of traffic through it?
(This post was last modified: 26-11-2011 11:46pm by Craig_d1.)
26-11-2011 11:25pm
IKM

Sound advice Craig_d1, that works well for me, and I'm sure others.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
26-11-2011 11:36pm
kam100

Back in 2005 i had the same issue with my RR Sport, got offered the EX demo, but the only thing with that was it didn't have factory privacy and my order did.. but i ended up taking it, as the delays were just getting longer on the sport at that time too..

See what price they offer you off list, if anything..
27-11-2011 12:42am
vcruiser

I'd go for it!

Evoque Dynamic Coupe | Black on Black | Fully Loaded
27-11-2011 04:18am
fam1x

Thanks for the advice guys. I think I still with my order and wait a few more months, guess I got tempted by having a car earlier. Maybe it's me but I can't see the difference between Pure and prestige and dynamic, I know the dynamic has the sports suspension, but moving from a porsche to 4x4 I don't think you'll be able to get the same sports feeling. The softer leather in the prestige is much nicer but for the miles I'll do 4000 a year doesn't make sense the extra pounds.

Was a hard deciding between them, but just have to wait and see Smile

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
27-11-2011 11:25am
berlin2011

If you are going to compromise on you order by considering another spec then I'd definitely not limit it simply to the one other option your dealer is offering. There's a lot of cars available on Autotrader etc. that do not require you to wait two months etc.

I recently (in the week) went through a somewhat similar choice, my car (which if all goes well I'm picking up in the next day or two!!) came with the wrong spec. My choices as outlined by the dealer was take it as is or wait x months for new order to arrive. So I went through the compromise argument, if I'm not getting what I ordered (i.e compromise) I might as well look at all the other options and perhaps something else out there is less of a compromise. In the end I went with my ordered car since the deviation on spec is fairly minor but mostly because there was nothing out there readily available.

If there was a choice of 20 or 30 cars available online I may well have went a different route. In any event, you still have ±3 months to wait, who knows what will become available in the near future.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
(This post was last modified: 27-11-2011 11:36am by berlin2011.)
27-11-2011 11:35am