Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help!!!! interior choice
musher

Help!!!! interior choice

I'm in the process of ordering a 14MY Dynamic and need to submit my order with the dealer by weds to get a Nov delivery slot. As you can all see I'm upgrading from a pure to a Dynamic and have decided to stick with white as in my opinion this is the best colour that shows of the sexy curves of the Evoque. What I can't decide however, is what interior to chose?

I'm not over struck by the sport seats so will be giving them a miss and I'm not a big lover of ebony either. Anyone out there with a white Dynamic any thoughts?

Plus I'm also torn between the petrol/diesel issue thing. To be honest I don't do that many miles a year and I've just clocked 9000 in my Pure having had it for 20 months now. With the price of fuel as it stands today and with the amount of mileage I cover each year plus having done some research into insurance quotes of which believe it or not the Si4 comes out as a less premium then the diesel.

Again anyone out there with any thoughts??

MY 14 Fuji 5 Door Dynamic SD4 9 Speed Auto Box with pano roof, auto boot, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Privacy glass, Mud Flaps, Bonnet/Boot black Lettering and 5 year service plan thrown in for good measure
22-09-2013 07:56am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Help!!!! interior choice

Hard one that as not too many of the interiors go well with the white exterior. Remember that the list price of a Dynamic now includes metallic paint as a no cost option so you are effectively devaluing your car by not going for a metallic. I have Fuji and still think it is the best colour for Evoque but have gone for Ipanema Sand for the new car. I wanted a Tan interior BUT you don't want Plus Pack and I didn't go for it as there is too much black in the "Tan" interior, basically only the seats and scallops in the door cards are tan.
Looks like you might have to spend a couple of hours in the dealership with the samples!

Petrol/Diesel - for that annual mileage its a no-brainer - go petrol. You will get the 9 speed auto and the active drive as well as Torque Vectoring on a 2014MY car and loose the issue of the DPF clogging. Down where you are in the South the depreciation of Petroi v Diesel also is much less of a consideration than it is up here in the wilds of Scotland.

I have sent you a PM too Musher

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 22-09-2013 09:52am by XFullFatTim.)
22-09-2013 09:48am
musher

Tim, many thanks for your comments however, it doesn't appear that your pm has come through?

MY 14 Fuji 5 Door Dynamic SD4 9 Speed Auto Box with pano roof, auto boot, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Privacy glass, Mud Flaps, Bonnet/Boot black Lettering and 5 year service plan thrown in for good measure
22-09-2013 09:57am
XFullFatTim

It should be there now as I have only just sent it! Let me know if it hasn't arrived

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 22-09-2013 10:02am by XFullFatTim.)
22-09-2013 10:00am
m_101

Musher I have a white dynamic plus with ebony leather and love it, but if you don't like black then just stick with the normal seats - if mine hadn't already had the plus pack when I bought it second hand I wouldn't have specifically ordered it, especially not at the cost! I don't have the pano roof and the inside of my car (with ebony leather, black headlining, and privacy glass) is pretty dark but I quite like it that way, contrasts well with the outside (first white car).
If I were buying one I would go either OG or indus with contrast black pano roof, shiny alloys for silver, shadow chrome for OG.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
22-09-2013 11:51am
PhilSkill

I have a White Dynamic with Ebony and love it, but I would consider Pursuit given a second chance!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
22-09-2013 10:10pm
XFullFatTim

I've just looked on the current configurator and +1 for the Pursuit, it also gives you a nice light headliner if you decide not to have the Pano roof

(This post was last modified: 22-09-2013 11:11pm by XFullFatTim.)
22-09-2013 11:10pm
musher

Orders been placed and dealer put it through whilst I was there. Vista came back as a 13 nov build date with an expected delivery date of 27 nov. Went with the pursuit interior in the end but was a little bit disappointed that I had to have the cirrus headliner as apparently according to the dealer they don't do ivory anymore on the dynamic model.

Went in the end with a diesel 9 speed auto instead of the petrol version as the residual value was much higher with the diesel which made the finance better. Went with the following options: pano roof, privacy glass, auto dipping rear view mirror, auto tailgate, rear climate control and the aero flip thing on the roof!

Can't wait and at least it's only a couple of months not like the first time which was a long 7 month wait.

25-09-2013 08:43pm
XFullFatTim

Now get your dealer to arrange a factory visit to see it being built - mine has!

25-09-2013 08:52pm
musher

As newbie to the dynamic model, what is the fuel economy like if you were to leave it in dynamic mode all the time??

27-09-2013 09:38pm