Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help - Spec overload!
paulus599

Help - Spec overload!

I keep thinking that I have decided on model/spec etc. however everytime I look at a new report or read some of these posts I decide on something different. Feel like my brains about to reach critical mass! Shocked

I had originally decided on a Prestige Coupe SD4 Auto with a few extra toys (£41445). I have also been looking at a highly spec'd Pure which has everything(ish) the Prestige has but at a cost of £38235.

Question has to be therefore :- Is a Prestige worth the extra £3210 to get the 'improved' quality leather, the leather dash, 8/6 way seats rather than the 6/4 way, and, last but not least, the chrome Evoque badge. As far as I can see these are the only differences (or have I missed something?).

The only thing that is pushing me the Prestige way is the leather dash (really don't like the look of the Pure version from the photographs I've seen so far), over £3k seems a high price to pay for it tho!

Any help greatly appreciated before I go into meltdown mode!!!
11-04-2011 08:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vision*R

RE: Help - Spec overload!

Simple: can you spend £ 41k?

If yes, then don't hesitate and go for the Prestige. I've been sitting in both interiors, and I decided to go for Prestige because the leather dashboard is just marvellous. Really gorgeous! The fake plastic of the others is not so great (although still better than plastics in other cars imo). Also, having better leather on the seats is not a bad thing I guess. I personally don't care about the other differences.

If you are more comfortable with £ 38k, then I bet you'll be very happy with the Pure, as indeed, it's a lot of money for a relatively small upgrade.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
11-04-2011 08:46pm
paulus599

Yes I could, it's just a case of justifying it. If as you say the Pure dash doesn't look so bad in the 'flesh', then that is the way I would go. Just need to see it myself as I don't want to go down that route and then regret it.
11-04-2011 10:48pm
Kermit

It all depends on your own personal values. Buying a car is a very personal and emotional decision. It is also something you live with for a very long time, unless you can afford to change vehicles every 12 months.
12-04-2011 05:17am
BFGEvoqueMan

(11-04-2011 08:30pm)paulus599 Wrote:  I keep thinking that I have decided on model/spec etc. however everytime I look at a new report or read some of these posts I decide on something different. Feel like my brains about to reach critical mass! Shocked

I had originally decided on a Prestige Coupe SD4 Auto with a few extra toys (£41445). I have also been looking at a highly spec'd Pure which has everything(ish) the Prestige has but at a cost of £38235.

Question has to be therefore :- Is a Prestige worth the extra £3210 to get the 'improved' quality leather, the leather dash, 8/6 way seats rather than the 6/4 way, and, last but not least, the chrome Evoque badge. As far as I can see these are the only differences (or have I missed something?).

The only thing that is pushing me the Prestige way is the leather dash (really don't like the look of the Pure version from the photographs I've seen so far), over £3k seems a high price to pay for it tho!

Any help greatly appreciated before I go into meltdown mode!!!

A question I think alot of people are askingConfusedConfused

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
12-04-2011 11:23am
paulus599

(11-04-2011 08:46pm)vision*R Wrote:  The fake plastic of the others is not so great (although still better than plastics in other cars imo).

So it's not even real plastic, now that is cheap Sad
12-04-2011 01:20pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Even on the Prestige you don't get full leather seats - the seat backs and the side below the cushion are a very good leather-a-like leather effect plastic, it's only the seat facings that are leather on all models IIRC - same as on the F2/D4/RRS

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-04-2011 01:28pm
Kermit

(12-04-2011 01:20pm)paulus599 Wrote:  So it's not even real plastic, now that is cheap Sad

Laughing
(12-04-2011 01:28pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  the seat backs and the side below the cushion are a very good leather-a-like leather effect plastic

This keeps the cost down. You'd be hard pressed to find an owner that really wants to pay for leather in those areas.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2011 01:54pm by Kermit.)
12-04-2011 01:52pm
pugracer

It's pretty easy here in Hong Kong. If you want 4 doors, you get a Prestige with spec picked by the local dealer. If you want 2 doors, you get a Dynamic, again, with spec picked by the dealer. No brainer!
12-04-2011 04:10pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Makes the decisions much easier to make then pug! Think of us poor unfortunates in Europe with so many choices that it is hard to decide which spec to go for!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-04-2011 04:53pm