Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Heating: a question *solved?!*
Cedric

RE: Heating: a question *solved?!*

(01-02-2012 06:28pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  Not sure what you mean - both my tests had recirc on.

I've been told that the recirc(ulation) is refreshing all the air in the cabin, which is usually done if you have a bad smell in the car. So I wonder if that recirc doesn't get the cold air from outside which would explain why it takes a long time. I can't test yet Smile
01-02-2012 07:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

(01-02-2012 12:17am)dandavis1 Wrote:  When on 'HI' the fans are on full and they make quite a loud noise which I found difficult to put up with for the 15mins.

My original comment was facetious - ie you think you've solved it but the solution creates another issue. However, having said that, and following your reply, I have to say that during the warm up period my fans are not noisy, so maybe you do still have an issue?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
01-02-2012 07:31pm
ChuckieB

(01-02-2012 07:25pm)Cedric Wrote:  I've been told that the recirc(ulation) is refreshing all the air in the cabin, which is usually done if you have a bad smell in the car. So I wonder if that recirc doesn't get the cold air from outside which would explain why it takes a long time. I can't test yet Smile

Recirc is exactly that. It recirculates existing air which is the last thing you want to do if you have a bad smell from within the car Laughing

It's there to help bad smells coming in from outside. In my experience it tends to make the windows steam up on normal cars so its best avoided.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
01-02-2012 10:20pm