Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Heated Screen and Washer Jets - Pure
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Heated Screen and Washer Jets - Pure

With my last 3 Range Rovers you don't wash the lights with every squirt to the screen - LR's work on every 5th (IIRC) screen wash you get your headlights washed. Also on my RRS's and the FFRR the washer bottle has been I think 10ltrs capacity

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-08-2011 08:22am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BFGEvoqueMan

(22-08-2011 06:40am)Jonathon555 Wrote:  Heated washer jets are crap anyway , as in the depths of winter even pure 100% screen wash normally freezes in the tube feeding the jets.

My Audi has them & they are nor use nor ornament in winter.

You might want to check the fuse! My Merc SLk and Ford Focus ones have never failed me (but then I can only comment down to -28c) and my cars live outside all winter. Just need to make sure you have have proper winter (-50c) wash fluidLaughingLaughing

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
22-08-2011 08:46am
Jonathon555

(22-08-2011 08:46am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  
(22-08-2011 06:40am)Jonathon555 Wrote:  Heated washer jets are crap anyway , as in the depths of winter even pure 100% screen wash normally freezes in the tube feeding the jets.

My Audi has them & they are nor use nor ornament in winter.

You might want to check the fuse! My Merc SLk and Ford Focus ones have never failed me (but then I can only comment down to -28c) and my cars live outside all winter. Just need to make sure you have have proper winter (-50c) wash fluidLaughingLaughing

I know the answer , but the best washer fluid that could be sourced locally was -6 freeze point. Completely useless at -20

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
22-08-2011 12:53pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Halfrauds and Sainsbury both sold washer fluid rated to -45c last winter, i did a bulk buy of 40litr at Halfrauds in June last year when they were offering it at 50% off and use it diluted in the summer and neat in winter. Never had a problem with frozen washer jets even down to -20c last winter, what I did have a problem with was snow sticking to the headlamp lenses as there isn't enough heat generated by the lamps to melt it when you have the Bi Xenons - every couple of miles I had to get out and wipe the accumulated snow off them at night.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-08-2011 12:58pm
Jonathon555

(22-08-2011 12:58pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  Halfrauds and Sainsbury both sold washer fluid rated to -45c last winter, i did a bulk buy of 40litr at Halfrauds in June last year when they were offering it at 50% off and use it diluted in the summer and neat in winter. Never had a problem with frozen washer jets even down to -20c last winter, what I did have a problem with was snow sticking to the headlamp lenses as there isn't enough heat generated by the lamps to melt it when you have the Bi Xenons - every couple of miles I had to get out and wipe the accumulated snow off them at night.

I am going to be stocking up now, I could not get concentrated screen wash anywhere last winter. I ended up mixing in vodka to stop it freezing

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
22-08-2011 02:59pm
Acwats

I can live with dirty headlights. The main point was the windscreen and is a significant safety issue. Not being able to see or having to stop on the hard shoulder when others can't see is a big error on a £30k car.

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
22-08-2011 09:35pm