Having a can't be bothered day....
DynamicRRV

RE: Having a can't be bothered day....

Nasty all plastic painted white.
08-10-2011 12:18am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vinda

(08-10-2011 12:18am)DynamicRRV Wrote:  Nasty all plastic painted white.

Agree
08-10-2011 12:23am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I think this situation is the same whenever there is a desirable car launched - remember the Audi TT? It wasn't months of delays it was over a year to wait and a healthy market existed for low miles used ones. One problem for dealerships and LR is speculators and those are the guys that are causing all the angst here. They ordered on the day that the order book opened, they paid their money and collected the cars from dealers in covered vans or trailers and haven't driven them purely so they can cash in on the rush of people who are genuine buyer/users. It is a huge problem for car makers that they seem unable to get round it, probably because the buyers "pose" as individuals not companies. new car appears on the market, the motoring press raves about it and hype it up, unscrupulous types order them just on the off chance that there will have a long waiting list so they can make a buck. It would teach them all if no-one on here paid them the mark up just to get a car more quickly. I know it is galling when you are a bona-fide buyer not looking to make a buck and you have my sympathy. Look at it another way - if folks are prepared to pay £8000 over list for a car that has been "tarted up" then who-ever is mad enough to buy it deserves the additional depreciation that they are going to suffer when they sell the car on.

Thinks............ I wonder if I could get £8k over list for a month old 2600miler...................

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2011 12:11pm by XFullFatTim.)
08-10-2011 11:00am
bluebear

Tim,
I agree. It would be mad to pay £8k - or about 25% extra for that car. Personally I don't think they will get it, or near that money. Interesting there is one on ebay where the seller has reduced his price to list (a Fuji Dynamic) and is £2k cheaper than the Pure on Autotrader.

Collected - Pure Coupe SD4 Tech Auto, fuji with Almond/Expresso interior. Style 5 19" alloys, panoramic roof, xenons, privacy glass, electric adjustment exterior mirrors, rear camera, park assist, fog lamps, spare wheel
08-10-2011 11:17am
Daglass

(07-10-2011 07:15pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  what about this all white one. First time I have seen the black plastic sprayed. What do you think?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/a...?logcode=p

I drove past this one yesterday and it looks bloody awful.
The sprayed plastic is bad but the cheap aftermarket alloys are ghastly.
And he wants £42k for it!!

Pure 5 Door, SD4, Orkney Grey, Pano Roof, Style 6 Alloys, Front Sensors, Rear Camera, Fogs, Tailgate
Ordered - October 15 2011
Built - March 30 2012
Delivery - April 18 2012
Sold - December 24 2014
10-10-2011 09:23am
DynamicRRV

Personally I see no harm in people pre ordering to make money. If people want to pay them then so be it,everyone has a choice. If you want one NOW then you pay extra folding otherwise wait in line. Its business.
10-10-2011 10:37am
Spiderman

When the Ferrari 458 was launched 2nd owner cars were being sold for £30-40k over list, about 25%, and that was via the Ferrari Dealerships as well as Speculators, even now 6 month old 2nd owner cars with upto 5k miles are still at list or over by £10k & these cars have been on the Market for a while now.

It is a fact of business that any new in demand car will command a premium, there are enough buyers out there willing to pay it, as it's a simple case of supply and demand and as DynamicRRV says...it's business!

The only time this causes angst for the Dealer Channel is if the car is exported, as depending on how the manufacturer view this they can loose their back-end profit margin, or volume bonus, in some cases they may get fined for not vetting the client properly and they can also have their car allocation reduced and this is the reason why the Dealer Channel do not like Speculators outside their official Dealerships. They are quite happy for them to be sold over list as they will do so too...if they can get away with it, it's business!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2011 12:32pm by Spiderman.)
10-10-2011 12:08pm
Daglass

Business or not its still no excuse for painting the black bits white and ruining it Smile

Pure 5 Door, SD4, Orkney Grey, Pano Roof, Style 6 Alloys, Front Sensors, Rear Camera, Fogs, Tailgate
Ordered - October 15 2011
Built - March 30 2012
Delivery - April 18 2012
Sold - December 24 2014
10-10-2011 01:06pm
Spiderman

Aside from the horrid alloys I thought it was a vast improvement, no more nasty plastics which has got to be good Very Happy

That will have thrown the proverbial cat in amongst this bunch of pigeons for sure Laughing

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
10-10-2011 01:44pm
SW6RR

I think the lack of detail in the pictures hides a multitude of sins. There is just no way that the plastic painted white will look like a flawless extension of the white bodywork. It will look terrible (as Daglass has confirmed).

Arrived (5/11/11): SD4 5-door "Presnamic" Lux Very Happy Auto, Fuji, Spirit/Tan, Style 8 20" Wheels, fully loaded (bar RSE, smoker's pack and Homelink)
10-10-2011 01:50pm