Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Have you spotted?
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Have you spotted?

OK, my anorak is firmly on and zipped up with the furry hood pulled over my head so nobody can recognised me...............................

Looking on the Evoque section of the Land Rover website if you go to the choose your car tab and build either a Dymanic Coupe or Evoque (best in white for the purposes of the exercise) and then make no other changes, rotate the picture until you see the rear from above - have a look at the rear spoiler............. now change the model to a Prestige and keep the same colour and do the same.

Spot the difference?
The additional lip spoiler isn't mentioned in any of the spec sheets I have seen. Looks good!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 28-03-2011 05:41pm by XFullFatTim.)
28-03-2011 05:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Have you spotted?

Tim - I must have had my raincoat on before you as I did see it, and in the most recent Evoque brochure (the one we got a link to via email from LR), there is mention at the start of the Dynamic section of the "dramatic slope of the roof is further highlighted with a sports spoiler" and again listed as part of the "Dynamic Features Include" - I can only assume this is refering to the same item.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
28-03-2011 06:00pm
XFullFatTim

Bow downThumbs Up
You must have purchased a more expensive anorak than my Campri
LaughingLaughing

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
28-03-2011 06:14pm
cjfp

(28-03-2011 06:14pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  Bow downThumbs Up
You must have purchased a more expensive anorak than my Campri
LaughingLaughing

I very much doubt that based on the Evoque spec you are proposing !

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
28-03-2011 06:32pm
XFullFatTim

Mines a left over from my mods days...................... you cannot afford new Range Rovers by spending the money on new anoraks too often!

28-03-2011 08:52pm
LP

It is on the spec sheet. On the standard features page.

Dynamic standard features include "aeroflip on rear spoiler in Santorini Black".

Looks like quite a few of the additional extra exterior styling features on the Dynamic (eg tailgate finisher, mirror caps, side fender blades) will be Santorini Black.
29-03-2011 01:25am
XFullFatTim

That is supposed to be what makes it "sportier" I suppose - on the Prestige thing like vents and door blades etc are "chrome" effect plastic.
Bet it doesn't make a ha'penny worth of difference to the performance over a Pure (in fact with the weight of all the extra goodies the Dynamic is probably slower!)

29-03-2011 09:00am
cjfp

Has anyone really worked out yet what u get for your 'standard' money on Dynamic / Prestige over Pure given the quite large price difference ?

29-03-2011 09:04am
XFullFatTim

Yes.......................................

but I cannot say on here yet as I'm under threat of nasty things from the dealers!

29-03-2011 09:10am
Blackseries

(29-03-2011 09:04am)cjfp Wrote:  Has anyone really worked out yet what u get for your 'standard' money on Dynamic / Prestige over Pure given the quite large price difference ?

I worked out the total cost of a Pure with all the items that are standard on the Dynamic - it comes in at £1000 less than the price of the Dynamic so it looks like you are paying about £1000 for the Dynamic body kit. I haven't done the Prestige calcs but as you don't get the Adaptive Dampers as standard on the Prestige I think you are paying about £2000 - £2500 for the leather upgrade & chrome highlights.

With most car ranges the further up the tree you go the more stuff you get for you money. It doesn't look like that is the case here . The Lux pack looks good value though - but I haven't actually worked it out.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
29-03-2011 09:37am