Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.33 Average
Has your build/delivery date been put back?
cjfp

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back?

Email from dealer today and there is an 'early Dec build' glimmer of light on the horizon with a pre Xmas delivery!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2011 05:09pm by cjfp.)
07-11-2011 04:38pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

(07-11-2011 04:16pm)fam1x Wrote:  How long have you been waiting for mark_n ? Mine was from the March 2011 expect delivery weekend of 21 Jan 2012. I might as well move it to 1st March and get a 2012 plate Smile

I've only been waiting since beginning of July. My issue is much more the constantly shifting date rather than the wait itself. I accept I was late to the party and it was only the huge disappointment after first seeing the Q3 that the RRE even came on my radar.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2011 05:41pm by mark_n.)
07-11-2011 05:04pm
GibEvoque

Just been infomred by my dealer that the order call should open this week after factory delayed it last week, so hopefully will have my first estimated build date sometime this week early next week. Though it has been in the Holding Pool since September 19th.

Though i'll take this with a pinch of salt, based on everyones else comments.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
07-11-2011 05:26pm
simonc

Just received a call from my dealer informing me about the supply delays etc. and just to warn me that the build date may well be later than had originally been anticipated. I hadn't actually got a formal date yet so it's just gone from the March/April estimate when I put my deposit down to May/June as an estimate at this point. He did say it may come forward but that he didn't want to get my hopes up. Pleased he called me though rather than waiting for me to call him to ask.

Dynamic Si4 5dr Orkney Grey, Black Pano, Vortex + Ebony, Keyless Entry, Spare Wheel
Collected 12th March 2012
07-11-2011 07:40pm
cutter7

(07-11-2011 04:38pm)cjfp Wrote:  Email from dealer today and there is an 'early Dec build' glimmer of light on the horizon with a pre Xmas delivery!

Had the same e-mail from my dealer as well, who has advised me that delivery will be brought forward from Jan 10th to December 16th..Very HappyVery Happy

08-11-2011 03:35pm
ajmooseman

Looks like things are really on the move now! I was told mine should have gone to build last thursday (3rd). Emailed my dealer this morning for my usually weekly nag/update. Apparently he'd been trying to ring all day yesterday (my mobile was dead) to say that...apparently my car will no longer be delivered on the 28th November as it actually built and scheduled for delivery this week! Absolutely fantastic news, hoping to pick up Friday which is perfect for my weekend away with the wife. (4 kids, so we don't get many on our own!)

My only criticism is that the Vista updates are shocking, it still shows build date of November 4th and delivery at the end of the month even the car is now built, dealers dont have a chance of knowing what's going on.
08-11-2011 05:06pm
PhilSkill

Hi ajmooseman

4 kids! Sounds like you've already had too many weekends away with the wife... Laughing

If the Vista system is wrong, how does your dealer know your car is built and ready for Friday?

Also are you ordering a coupe or 5 door?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2011 06:06pm by PhilSkill.)
08-11-2011 05:57pm
ajmooseman

(08-11-2011 05:57pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Hi ajmooseman

4 kids! Sounds like you've already had too many weekends away with the wife... Laughing

If the Vista system is wrong, how does your dealer know your car is built and ready for Friday?

Also are you ordering a coupe or 5 door?

Hi Phil, nar not weekends away up here, tin North we didn;t have lectric or t'ele after 6 twhen pit shut.Surprised

Oh and just for the Kids it's a coupe.......my coupe..... no mucky wellie's, Hockey Kit.. gymnastic chalk..soggy wet swimming towels in ...my coupe we have a discovery for that!

Regards Vista , not saying it's wrong but there are so many conflicting dates on the screen at once, so I guess we can't be 100% sureShocked, on one part of vista my car was scheduled for Build date 4th Nov, and the delivery date was 28th Nov, in other parts the car is shown as built in compound ready for despatch.Rolling Eyes So dealers could look on day for a customer inform of a slight delay then next get confirmation that the car is ready, I saw an actual customers car being PDI'd but the Vista screen showed a build date on the 11th November.

Don't want to build people hopes up, but keep nagging your dealer, at ;east on a weekly basis as things are changing very quickly.

Please let it be FridayConfused:Confused:Confused:
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2011 06:45pm by ajmooseman.)
08-11-2011 06:43pm
xxxx5

I have JLR customer services on the case now, as dealer princple doesnt return calls. They have now found out my car might, I say might be built in Jan but unsure of exact date. I have told them to now hold the car until 1st March, and put me in a car from 1st Jan as my car will be sold. They are looking into the matter, and agree that it is unacceptable that I placed my deposit in March I won't have my car until Jan or Feb, but also accept that it shouldn't be registered in Feb.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
08-11-2011 07:33pm
bluebear

(08-11-2011 05:06pm)ajmooseman Wrote:  Looks like things are really on the move now! I was told mine should have gone to build last thursday (3rd). Emailed my dealer this morning for my usually weekly nag/update. Apparently he'd been trying to ring all day yesterday (my mobile was dead) to say that...apparently my car will no longer be delivered on the 28th November as it actually built and scheduled for delivery this week! Absolutely fantastic news, hoping to pick up Friday which is perfect for my weekend away with the wife. (4 kids, so we don't get many on our own!)

My only criticism is that the Vista updates are shocking, it still shows build date of November 4th and delivery at the end of the month even the car is now built, dealers dont have a chance of knowing what's going on.

May meet you at Farnells! My dealer e-mailed me to say my car should "be on the next transporter from Halewood" and could get it for the weekend. So excited after all this time waiting

Collected - Pure Coupe SD4 Tech Auto, fuji with Almond/Expresso interior. Style 5 19" alloys, panoramic roof, xenons, privacy glass, electric adjustment exterior mirrors, rear camera, park assist, fog lamps, spare wheel
08-11-2011 08:17pm