Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Has anyone considered contacting the media?
Urban Splash

RE: Has anyone considered contacting the media?

I agree with the post above

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
24-10-2011 07:04am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Acwats

(23-10-2011 07:33pm)rsk21 Wrote:  I don't wish to be rude but assuming someone does contact " The Media" quite what would they say ?

"Dear Media I ordered an expensive and highly desirable car as did a lot if other people. I'm not going to get it as quickly as I had hoped for because as is often the case with highly prized and popular new cars there are longer delays than with less popular and less highly prized cars.

It's not fair and I'm going to scream and scream and scream until I'm sick"

Wink

What keeps being said but keeps getting forgotten or misunderstood is the reason for the dissatisfaction and therefore Story.

There is NO story or interest with delays - they are inevitable.

There IS a Consumer interest and warning for future buyers that LR is useless at timely and accurate/factual communication with its Customers.

If you spend £30k -£48k you can reasonably expect better.

There is also some balance to this: I ordered mine in June and was advised I should expect delivery for Jan 12
I was then scheduled for a Nov build so potential Nov/Dec delivery
I was then advised my build would be early Oct and I'm collecting tomorrow!

It proves to me that the system is designed to support low level interruptions and delays - for me it has worked well and in a pre-Internet world I would be non the wiser and think LR were brilliant.

In reality I know I'm very lucky and that if I choose to buy again my experience (comms) might not be so great.

LR have to take a look at their processes for comms policies where delays occur. It's obvious that their approach is to keep quiet and say as little as possible at the expense of customer satisfaction which is unforgiveable- this is the story

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
24-10-2011 08:13am
Token

Agreed ACWATS...

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
24-10-2011 09:47am
BOBM4N

I think the problem is that there is not enough of an incentive for them to get back on track.

There are enough people queued up now to take every RRE built between now and the end of next year.

If I cancel mine (and it's still on the cards) there are plenty of people waiting in the wings to take my build/delivery slot.

Not really the right attitude from LR but hardly surprising. They will sell them all and looks like they don't mind upsetting a few people in the process.

I wonder how quickly they would manage to find a solution if there was a financial penalty clause in place for late deliveries to committed customers who have handed over deposits?

Tick Tick Tick = Discount Discount Discount

Any lawyers out there who want to draft a 'vehicle delivery agreement precedent'?

Finally Arrived 06/02/12 Very Happy :

Dynamic SD4 Auto - Fuji White/Vortex, Pan Roof, Privacy
24-10-2011 10:33am
rsk21

LR have to take a look at their processes for comms policies where delays occur. It's obvious that their approach is to keep quiet and say as little as possible at the expense of customer satisfaction which is unforgiveable- this is the story

I'm not sure it is that obvious.

It seems very clear to me that LR are working on a comms plan/customer redress programme as the various leaks on this very site will testify. Hopefully for those who feel they require some sort of redress this will see the light of day soon. At present I would contend that people's annoyance and speculation are exacerbating the problem.

My observation would be that the weak link in the chain, as is often the case with car purchasing is the dealers. Buyers should remember that their contract to purchase is with the dealer not LR and that their interface with the brand is with the dealer and not LR. My personal experinece is that my dealer has a very clear view on what the issues and delays are and has been very clear with me as to what I should and shouldn't expect - I'm happy with that and can't ask for more. I wonder perhaps whether too many others are doing the old washing of hands trick and pasisng the buck by blaming LR HQ thus fuelling the aforementioned annoyance and frustration.
24-10-2011 10:39am
hybris

Today I did cancel my order due to the delay and no information/commitment on a new date.

Wish you all the best of luck! Take care guys!

/Hybris
Ps. I might check the forum now and then. Wink

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
24-10-2011 10:52am
ED209

(24-10-2011 10:52am)hybris Wrote:  Today I did cancel my order due to the delay and no information/commitment on a new date.

/Hybris

tell me more. When did you put a deposit down? had you been given/had a delivery date moved? a time line would be handy? which dealer?
24-10-2011 10:57am
rsk21

(24-10-2011 10:57am)ED209 Wrote:  
(24-10-2011 10:52am)hybris Wrote:  Today I did cancel my order due to the delay and no information/commitment on a new date.

/Hybris

tell me more. When did you put a deposit down? had you been given/had a delivery date moved? a time line would be handy? which dealer?

Ed - Hyrbris will ahve ordered from a non UK dealer I should imagine so not sure he can be of much help to UK based buyers.
(This post was last modified: 24-10-2011 11:14am by rsk21.)
24-10-2011 11:14am
hybris

My order was with a Swedish dealer that in turn get the cars from the Nordic importer based in Denmark. So no it will not affect you guys in the UK at all. Someone in the Swedish line will move up the line. My initial build date was in November and it moved due to the delays. No new date has committed before I did cancel today. Would assume a new build date would be in January/February timeframe based on importer slots. I was one of the first in the line at my dealer. I did not have to put any deposit for the order. Not very common in Sweden that you need to do that.

Happy with my dealer. Professional and trying to help. The issue is on the Landrover side as neither the dealer or importer have any information on when they can put in new build slots with LR. It seems they build pure without xenons at the moment. They say they think stuff should be sorted out in January again regarding the Xenons. But a bit to much guessing for my taste and lack of communication from LR.

No regret from my side and the decision has been growing during the last weeks and today I decided the best based on my current situation was to cancel. Nope currently a committed build date would not change my decision. I might consider a car from LR/RR in the future again. Not happy at all with the communication from Land Rover. So currently Im one lost customer that was a switcher from another premium brand. I know not important but still... Wink

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
24-10-2011 11:26am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Hybris every lost customer is a disappointment for LR, even with a long list of back orders - that is the same with any car maker.
We will be sorry to loose you from the forum. Good luck with whatever car you buy.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
24-10-2011 01:01pm