Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Getting closer...
simonc

Getting closer...

Well my OG Dynamic is apparently no longer a mere order number in a computer somewhere but is actually now being put together! Smile It was due to go into build Friday just gone and my dealer has let me know today that it is now "on to Trim" - quite where that is in the production line I'm not sure, but it actually sounds quite far along to me so maybe it went into build a bit early? I won't realistically be able to pick it up till later in March anyway but it's nice to know that it is now taking shape somewhere!

He let me know the VIN though it currently isn't showing up anything on the TopiX website - not sure how long it takes to appear on there?

Dynamic Si4 5dr Orkney Grey, Black Pano, Vortex + Ebony, Keyless Entry, Spare Wheel
Collected 12th March 2012
27-02-2012 07:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LDT

RE: Getting closer...

That's great news! The first I heard of my early build was that it was "in trim" and it left the factory a couple of days later. It was about that time that the VIN showed up on Topix.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
27-02-2012 07:21pm
simonc

... and received an e-mail today to let me know that build is complete and the car has been called over to the dealership compound! Smile

I just need to decide now whether to make a special trip down to Southampton to pick it up a week or so earlier than I was planning. I was originally going to just pick it up after my holiday towards the end of March as I'll be travelling down to Southampton for that anyway (I moved up to Scotland after placing the order and didn't want to start queuing all over again with a new dealer). Hmm - cost of a flight and two country-long drives vs waiting an extra fortnight...

Dynamic Si4 5dr Orkney Grey, Black Pano, Vortex + Ebony, Keyless Entry, Spare Wheel
29-02-2012 08:14pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I regularly drive Stirling,Southampton, Stirling Simon, it isn't a problem in the comfort of a Range Rover Evoque (or a FFRR or RRS for that matter) And what better way to gently run in the car than a 470 mile trip mostly in top gear sat at a steady 70 at 2100RPM

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
29-02-2012 11:08pm
Donny Dog

(29-02-2012 08:14pm)simonc Wrote:  ... and received an e-mail today to let me know that build is complete and the car has been called over to the dealership compound! Smile

I just need to decide now whether to make a special trip down to Southampton to pick it up a week or so earlier than I was planning. I was originally going to just pick it up after my holiday towards the end of March as I'll be travelling down to Southampton for that anyway (I moved up to Scotland after placing the order and didn't want to start queuing all over again with a new dealer). Hmm - cost of a flight and two country-long drives vs waiting an extra fortnight...

Mine was also build on (or from) Friday, and the dealer phoned me today to say it will be there on Friday.
29-02-2012 11:37pm
BobM

+1. Mine also built Friday and was on transporter Tuesday. One of the guys coming into work saw 3 five doors coming off a transporter at my dealers today so probably there as we speak and I will confirm tomorrow ( they shouldn't be too busy !!). Fingers crossed for delivery early next week.

Pure, SD4, Auto, 5 door, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ebony, privacy, rear camera, front sensors, fog lights, spare wheel, auto lights and wipers - Delivered 14.3.15 Very Happy

Gone but not forgotten - Old rattly 1.3.12 - 31.5.13 - Pure, SD4, manual, 5 door, Fuji, 19" style 4, ebony/ebony, spare wheel, privacy.
29-02-2012 11:43pm
Donny Dog

(29-02-2012 11:43pm)BobM Wrote:  +1. Mine also built Friday and was on transporter Tuesday. One of the guys coming into work saw 3 five doors coming off a transporter at my dealers today so probably there as we speak and I will confirm tomorrow ( they shouldn't be too busy !!). Fingers crossed for delivery early next week.

The deliveries seem quicker than people have reported previously.

I got the VIN number today as well, and it appears on Topix, which allowed me to check that the spec. was correct. (Does Topix update with information such as delivery etc.?)
01-03-2012 12:25am
simonc

I've got my VIN but it's still not showing up on Topix yet unfortunately so I'm having to hope the spec is correct (thought it's already different from what I originally wanted anyway due to the shadow chrome and Dynamic ivory headlining debacle).

I'll probably decide over the next couple of days whether to get it a bit earlier and it will most likely depend on whether I get a half decent quote for my CLK from somewhere local up here in Scotland. Thanks for the words of encouragement to pick it up earlier though! Smile

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 01:36am by simonc.)
01-03-2012 01:35am
Ranger4

(01-03-2012 12:25am)Donny Dog Wrote:  The deliveries seem quicker than people have reported previously.

I got the VIN number today as well, and it appears on Topix, which allowed me to check that the spec. was correct. (Does Topix update with information such as delivery etc.?)

Mine was built at the end of Jan and arrived at the dealership before it showed up on TOPIX..... I never saw any info about delivery etc, just the spec of the car.

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 01:53am by Ranger4.)
01-03-2012 01:52am
simonc

Less than 24 hours till I pick it up - can't wait. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve!

11-03-2012 01:38pm