Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
German Prices AND Full English Brochure are online!!!!!
Urban Splash

RE: German Prices are online!!!!!

(12-02-2011 10:56am)FullFatTim Wrote:  
(12-02-2011 10:40am)Urban Splash Wrote:  I must say.... I have never even considered a petrol or a 2wd. Whats the point of a 2wd Land Rover?

It's a fop to the ecomentalists, apparently by only driving the front two wheels you save a tree a year and use a timbleful of fuel less a year. All the Jap/ Korean makers are flogging 2WD versions of their SUV's and apparently they are selling rather well but I can just see folk's reaction in the first deep snow after they buy their 2WD Evoque - it will be posted all over the internet how useless these modern Land Rovers are in the snow when the going gets a little tough, when the owner has forgotten they couldn't afford the 4wd version. I remember when RRSport was launched, some silly tw*t drove their Supercharged on 20" M&S Tyres straight off Chelsea High Street and down onto the muddy foreshore of the Thames at low tide...... and it ended up being marked by a wreck marking buoy and the driver being rescued through the sunroof hole by the RNLI when the tide came back in and he couldn't get it off the foreshore.................. RRS is superb offroad in the right conditions with the right tyres but this loony took his straight out of the showroom on motorway crunching tyres not mud tyres, he also forgot that 2.8tonnes of steel sinks into mud quite quickly

I experienced the same with my Ford Kuga 4WD. Loads of people in the 2WD version complaining that their cars were rubbish in the snow..... How on earth do they think 2WD will be any better than anything else 2WD in the snow... It's a nonsense. If you don't wan't a 4WD, don't buy a Land Rover. That's my opinion....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
12-02-2011 09:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

Can anyone give the link to these prices please. Thx

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
12-02-2011 09:48pm
Blackseries

(12-02-2011 09:48pm)cjfp Wrote:  Can anyone give the link to these prices please. Thx

Whilst looking for the source of these prices I came across an Austrian Coupe & 5 Door brochure. At 13 pages it has a bit more info than the original 3 door one.

Interesting stuff includes a list of options (no prices)

-Parking assistant for automated parallel parking
-Blind spot monitoring system
-"Surround" camera system with five digital cameras, including reverse system
-Dual-zone automatic air conditioning with programmable heater
-Hard Drive Navigation system with off-road navigation
-DAB-/UKW-/MW-/Sirius-Empfänger with virtual 10-CD changer to the hard disk digital and Satellite TV reception and DVD playback
- Entertainment system in the rear with 8-inch screens, wireless headphones and touch-screen remote control
- Keyless entry system and power tailgate
- Adaptive headlights with auto-dimming
- Heating for front seats and steering wheel

The brochure also contains fuel consumption figures. I think the combined consumption of 46mpg on the SD4 Auto is pretty good. With 38mpg probably realistically achievable.

http://www.landrover.com/content/austria...evoque.pdf

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 13-02-2011 01:37pm by Blackseries.)
13-02-2011 01:30pm
pimbrokken

(11-02-2011 07:43pm)LP Wrote:  
(11-02-2011 05:43pm)Blackseries Wrote:  pimbrokken - does it say what the different versions come with as standard?

...and can you provide a link to the section on the site where the prices are please?

I found them on this website: WEBSITE
13-02-2011 02:15pm
LP

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?...rmd%3Divns
13-02-2011 02:43pm
cjfp

Thank you for the links.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
13-02-2011 03:22pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Also on the list I have seen is Park Heat (have it on my FFRR and in the winter it is a brilliant and worthwhile option and in the summer you can also use it to pre-cool the cabin with the aircon) and heated steering wheel (even better option while the Park Heat takes a while to have any effect!).
Oppps I see rereading the list above both are on the options list, can highly recommend them both if your car has to sit outside on the drive in the winter.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 13-02-2011 03:47pm by XFullFatTim.)
13-02-2011 03:45pm
Blackseries

I have a heated steering wheel on my RRSC - it may seem like the most superfluous option but on the recent cold mornings (-17oc) I thought every car should have it as standard!

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
13-02-2011 04:14pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Park heat and the heated steering wheel are a bit like having the quick clear front screen - once you have had them you don't know how you survived without them on cold mornings!! Seat heaters and the heated steering wheel actual render park heat a bit superfluous except that Park Heat does help the engine warm up more quickly.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-02-2011 04:59pm
cjfp

RE: German Prices AND Full English Brochure are online!!!!!

Looking at http://www.larevueautomobile.com/fiche-t...6582_6838, who'd buy an X1 for Eur 345 900 !!

17-02-2011 08:57pm