Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fuji White & Ambiance or Vibe? Just not Spirit...
CSJ

RE: Fuji White & Ambiance or Vibe? Just not Spirit...

My white Dynamic arrives on Tuesday so I guess I am biased and everyone has their own view on colours.

I love the interiors of the Prestige but had to have the experior of the Dynamic - as soon as I saw a Dynamic with Pursuit interior I knew I had made the right choice for me.

With the Prestige I have to say I love the tan and I think it looks great with the White, I have seen it in the flesh and it was also the car they had on the Top Gear shoot and it looked great. For me the black leathers just dont do justice to the interior of the car. My dealer loaned me an Evoque for a few weeks and it had a black interior, for me it was just to dark and not enough contrast. For me with the Prestige I would go for any of Spirit, Ambiance or Element, all look great, just be prepared to protect the leather and clean a bit more often. Everyone likes different things tho, just my thoughts Wink

On order: Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription Pro

Current: Porsche Macan, Pebble Interior, Volcano Grey, Bose, other extras which cost lots and should be standard

Gone:
BMW X6 m diesel with BMW exclusive interior
Evoque Dynamic Orkney, Accolade Dynamic Plus Sports Interior (Ivory)
Evoque. Coupe, Dynamic, Fuji, Pursuit (x2)
Scirocco 2.0 GT DSG, Black, Black Lthr, 19" Luganos
TT Mk 2, Grey, Audi Exclusive Int
SLK Mk 2, Blk, Beige Lthr
TT Mk 1, Blue, Silver Lthr
TT Mk 1, Silver, Grey Lthr
06-01-2012 04:04pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
paulus599

I had exactly the same dilemma, i.e. I wanted the Fuji white but I also wanted a light interior. In the end I went for the Element interior as I felt the Ambiance leather was too 'creamy' and the brown dash topper and door inserts etc. didn't really go well with the white.
I still had my doubts about the Element interior, but after having seen it in the flesh, it does look very good and certainly doesn't look out of place against the white.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
06-01-2012 04:13pm
stef.c

(06-01-2012 04:13pm)paulus599 Wrote:  I had exactly the same dilemma, i.e. I wanted the Fuji white but I also wanted a light interior. In the end I went for the Element interior as I felt the Ambiance leather was too 'creamy' and the brown dash topper and door inserts etc. didn't really go well with the white.
I still had my doubts about the Element interior, but after having seen it in the flesh, it does look very good and certainly doesn't look out of place against the white.

Hmmm, interesting. How 'grey' does it look? Is it just off white or definitely a light grey colour? And what headlining did you go for?
06-01-2012 04:15pm
invoke

White interior has more roomier feel, black - the opposite, claustrophobic. My other car is all white and I love it. Cleaning and maintaining with two kids is somewhat cumbersome, but nothing like the looks and fresh feel of it. [/u]

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
06-01-2012 04:25pm
berlin2011

Element would be my choice (but the I am biased, having had mine with Element for 5 weeks now). Seriously though, I went Element on my Prestige purely because of the Espresso dash topper (and if you are going coupé, the bucket seats are also 'embedded' in the Espresso leather).

It's a VERY subtle grey, just off white - I posted some pics on other threads and is quite a special place to be when you are in the car. My exterior is OG but I'd be very happy with this interior in a Fuji white car.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
06-01-2012 07:17pm
Black Cat

I've also got element on my prestige and still love it. The grey dash topper is lovely and looks stunning with white exterior.
06-01-2012 08:25pm
The Valeter

I think the Ambience is stunning. Pity you can't have it in a Dynamic.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
06-01-2012 10:09pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THEMACS

I have chopped and changed between Element and Vibe on an OG Prestige. I thought I was decided on the element as I liked the pale look of the leather,But.... There was something that i didn't like but wasn't sure what! I eventually realised that it was the light top part of the doors, it just didn't sit right with me, I would have preferred them dark, all personal preference! Berlin has some fantastic pictures of the element interior and his does look lovely Very Happy Personally don't like the Cream interiors, bit old man for me Laughing if I was you i would go with Vibe or Element. Probably best keep the ivory headliner if you go Vibe, makes a big difference, and personally I think the Vibe looks Special very classy Very Happy

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
06-01-2012 10:31pm
paulus599

(06-01-2012 04:15pm)stef.c Wrote:  Hmmm, interesting. How 'grey' does it look? Is it just off white or definitely a light grey colour? And what headlining did you go for?

It's very light, but not what I would call off white. To me though it's in the same colour palette as the Fuji white (if that makes sense) rather than the cream of the Ambience.
I stuck with the ivory headlining as I thought the black would be too dark (even though I have the pano roof). If I was ordering now though, I believe it's possible to spec the cirrus headlining to match the leather, so that's what I would have went for.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
07-01-2012 05:40pm
stef.c

(07-01-2012 05:40pm)paulus599 Wrote:  It's very light, but not what I would call off white. To me though it's in the same colour palette as the Fuji white (if that makes sense) rather than the cream of the Ambience.
I stuck with the ivory headlining as I thought the black would be too dark (even though I have the pano roof). If I was ordering now though, I believe it's possible to spec the cirrus headlining to match the leather, so that's what I would have went for.

Am really considering this now. I've found some great pics on a website. Its just so hard to tell without seeing it for real! I would have to have the cirrus headlining to match I think. Is it definitely available now? Doesnt seem so from the online configurator.

I'm just a little worried the Element interior will look a little cold. Would some one seeing it for the first time in the daylight describe it as grey you think or just 'light'? The reason I ask is that I've seen some 'grey' interiors before and think they look a little clinical and odd.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-01-2012 09:00pm