Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Front Break Pads at 3MM, Replacement estimate is $768 ( US Dollars)! Ouch!
gabhishekanand

Front Break Pads at 3MM, Replacement estimate is $768 ( US Dollars)! Ouch!

Range Rover Evoque 2013 - Prestige.
Black

I recently got the Servicing done and they suggested I change my front break pads which were at 3MM. They gave me a cost estimate of $768 just for the break pads to be replaced. I saw online that LandRover Evoque front break pads set cost $149. Not sure what the extra $600 is for.

If I buy original manufacturer parts from Land Rover and take it to a local maintenance shop to get them replaced would I have any warranty issues in the future?

Thanks in advance for your advise.
02-01-2015 10:42pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
realestateguy

RE: Front Break Pads at 3MM, Replacement estimate is $768 ( US Dollars)! Ouch!

I changed all my pads to semi metallic centric pads...all 4 wheels for under $70.....long lasting pads
31-03-2015 08:57pm
moofish

RE: Front Break Pads at 3MM, Replacement estimate is $768 ( US Dollars)! Ouch!

I had my back brakes done at a local shop I trust - at $618.00, it was $200.00 cheaper than the dealer. I don't trust myself to do them. I believe when the pads are replaced, the rotors are as well. Also, there is a brake sensor, at least for the back, that sensor is recommended to be replaced each time with the pads and rotors. My dealer verbally gave me the items over the phone when I called for an estimate. The local shop used a high end Bosch brand for the rotors. After several weeks, no issues and no squeals. I think the price you are being quoted probably includes the rotors and sensor.
31-03-2015 10:49pm