Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ford oil filter for Si4 evoque?
Bruno787

Ford oil filter for Si4 evoque?

My LR dealer ran out of oil filters for my petrol Si4. Can I just go and buy an oil filter from Ford? Is it exactly the same filter with the same markings?

And is it true that both diesel ang petrol evoques use the same Castrol Magnatec 5w30 as factory fill oil?

15 Maserati Quattroporte GTS
11 Mini John Cooper Works
12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic
18-04-2013 02:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChuckieB

RE: Ford oil filter for Si4 evoque?

(18-04-2013 02:35pm)Bruno787 Wrote:  My LR dealer ran out of oil filters for my petrol Si4. Can I just go and buy an oil filter from Ford? Is it exactly the same filter with the same markings?

And is it true that both diesel ang petrol evoques use the same Castrol Magnatec 5w30 as factory fill oil?

Quick before you make a Mistake, there is is wide comment on the forum about the special oil required for the diesel with the particulate filter (in the UK at least). You need to hunt it out.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
18-04-2013 03:04pm
scrannel

You want to be sure it's compatible, doesn't just "fit" as oil filters have specific pressure release valves.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
18-04-2013 04:13pm
Biker

Generally you should be able to see on the box of the oil filter which vehicles it would fit on.
Or is this not an international practice, especially 3rd party parts producers doing this?

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
19-04-2013 12:12pm
realestateguy

A ford filter for a ford engine.......just bought a box of ford filters, ford autolite is the original filter here on the gas engine in Canada
23-09-2013 06:27pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The problem with LR's versions of Ford and PSA engines is that LR re-designs the cooling and lubrication systems to suit better the environment they expect the car to be used in - lubrication especially is redesigned to cope with being able to drive on steep cross slopes and up/ down slopes. Take care using products that are not from Land Rover. Have you tried asking Dan@ Duckworths for a quote?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-09-2013 06:36pm
slee18

Ford filter is the FL793

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
23-09-2013 11:51pm
Bennett8100

(23-09-2013 06:36pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The problem with LR's versions of Ford and PSA engines is that LR re-designs the cooling and lubrication systems to suit better the environment they expect the car to be used in - lubrication especially is redesigned to cope with being able to drive on steep cross slopes and up/ down slopes. Take care using products that are not from Land Rover. Have you tried asking Dan@ Duckworths for a quote?

I am totally agree with you. You are 100% good here that especially is redesigned to cope with being able to drive on steep cross slopes and up/ down slopes.

Bennett
^L^O^V^E^
21-10-2013 02:27pm