Poll: Would you replace your Evoque with another?
Yes, but a different version
Yes, would have the same again
Maybe, still undecided
No thank you - it's too expensive and there are quality issues
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
For those who have taken delivery -
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I realise it's still early days but would you have another one? I like the car, it needs a bigger engine option than the 2.2SD or the Si4, a better automatic gearbox and a much lower price for what it is, for not a lot more than my car cost me I could have a Disco4 HSE which would give me acres of space and better off road ability with the penalty of slightly worse fuel consumption, or a low spec RRS. OK neither looks as good as the Evoque but LR are charging a lot for it. Much as I would wouldn't like to change marques I think I will have to have a serious look at the small Porsche when it comes out as I bet it will be a belter for similar money. I still wouldn't pass over the Evoque for a Tiguan/Q3/Q5/ or a Kia though.
The Evqoue coupe actually fits my needs exactly - single guy, 3 windsurfers+ all the masts and sails etc they require and mountain bike to lug around (generally everything is on/ in a box trailer with ladder racks), rear seats are rarely used and I don't have a lot of luggage to carry most of the time. It's quiet, refined and comfortable and doesn't shout "BIG SUV" at passers by.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 16-02-2012 11:32pm by XFullFatTim.)
16-02-2012 10:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiggy

I would buy another provided its a 3litre 300bhp turbocharged engine - supercharged version of the evoque.

I agree the new smaller porsche would be the best competitor against the evoque and guessin looks to some extent as well when it is revealed soon.

Having said that by the time the smaller Porsche comes in there will hopefully be a new shape RRS. In which cause that would be my first pick.

Also agree that the evoque is perfect at the moment for what it is and for what I need it for. If I had 3 kids and a dog then maybe the disco 4 would be a better choice, but it's actually a very perfect car at the moment (barring all the small niggles mentioned in the infamous "list")

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
(This post was last modified: 17-02-2012 07:12am by chiggy.)
17-02-2012 07:10am
alibeau

RE: For those who have taken delivery -

As much as love my Evoque I am undecided as to whether I would have another in the future. It has proved that I am a very shallow person as I fell in love with the looks of the car and still do believe it is the best looking car on the road. I would struggle to choose any other car at the moment as I don't think anything else comes close in the looks department and the Si4 is plenty quick enough for me.

However I am concerned as to how many there will be on the roads and the quality although good, is not quite there when comparing to my old X5 or hubby's RRS but equally they are more expensive vehicles.....

At the moment I am happy, if I had to buy a new car tomorrow it would definately be another Evoque but if we are talking about in 3/5 years time, I am quite excited to think what else might be around by then...

Also should add that I bought the Evoque with the hope that it would perform much better in the snow than my old X5. I have not had the chance to put this to the test yet and perhaps the Evoque will prove itself when the time comes...

I feel I should add that I really do love my Evoque and don't want this post to seem negative......

Ali.

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
17-02-2012 12:30pm