Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
For Sale Cherished Plates
Big Dave

RE: Ultimate Evoque plates

It's an open forum and a place for opinion and general discussion.

Personally I've not seen your advert but do have experience with regtransfers and I know they will value a plate and if you aren't happy with their valuation they will put it up at any price of your choice.

What made you post this as a new thread?

2.0 Si4 Dynamic 5Dr Auto, Fuji White, Lux Pack, Dynamic Plus Pack, 20" Chrome Shadow Alloys, etc etc etc
02-02-2012 10:38am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Ultimate Evoque plates

I can sympathise with you, but I think the comments were more tailored to inferring that 00UPE reads 'coupe'... well it does, but only if you make it illegal!
That and you emphasised the 'Ultimate' plates.

Your (now edited) ad, would have not attracted the responses it got and is now a 'better' for sale ad for it (IMO).

That said, reg transfers are always a bit over optimistic on their valuations... they put my GT55 GAV plate up for £1500... really? I only paid £250 for it! (though did get offered £550 for it).

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
02-02-2012 10:46am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: For Sale: Ultimate Evoque Plates

Something with RRE or LRX might be more appropriate.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
04-02-2012 09:25pm
ChuckieB

(04-02-2012 09:25pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Something with RRE or LRX might be more appropriate.

Join an exclusive club. paulus599 has got V5 RRE, I liked the idea so bagged the next available which was V7 RRE. £405 inc first reg fee. V9 RRE is the next and if you want to dream V10 is up for bags. Might look a bit unusual on a straight 4! Could make a good photo opportunity one day if we got together.

I decided it was a bit like adding another option that might hold its value come resale time. Adds a bit of interest if nothing else.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
04-02-2012 09:42pm
Evo-king

Well DVLA have just confirmed SD04RRE is not available, shame.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
04-02-2012 09:51pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Don't expect that you will sell any recent plate easily when the time comes. I have had FA57 RRS (it was on my TDv8 RRS) plate for sale for 2 years and the only interest I have had for it was from the guy would brought the car when I traded it in. He didn't want to offer very much for the plate though. I was offered far more for the plate when it was on the car by a guy who wanted it for his Focus RS, to the extent that he followed me home to make me an offer of £10000 for it which I stupidly turned down. I will probably leave my current "cherished" plate on the car when I sell it, it's been too much hassle trying to sell one "on retention"

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2012 10:50am by XFullFatTim.)
04-02-2012 10:48pm
The Valeter

(04-02-2012 09:51pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Well DVLA have just confirmed SD04RRE is not available, shame.

It will probably be in their auction unless of course it was a standard issue in 2004 as obviously then there was no car that suited the number or they would have held it back.
If on a car you could try & trace it - tip - it would have been registered in Scotland (SD).

I was thinking of E1 OKE or E17 OKE. I dithered on E11 OKE & went back to find it sold.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2012 01:45am by The Valeter.)
05-02-2012 01:44am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

(04-02-2012 10:48pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Don't expect that you will sell any recent plate easily when the time comes. I have had FA57 RRS (it was on my TDv8 RRS) plate for sale for 2 years and the only interest I have had for it was from the guy would brought the car when I traded it in. He didn't want to offer very much for the plate though. I was offered far more for the plate when it was on the car by a guy who wanted it for his Focus RS, to the extent that he followed me home to make me an offer of £10000 for it which I stupidly turned down. I will probably leave my current "cherished" plate on the car when I sell it, it's been too much hassle trying to sell one "on retention"

ten thousand pounds sterling? jesus thats just mental.

It must be just me that doesnt get the whole vanity/cherished plate thing.
06-02-2012 10:08pm