Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Follow up from dealer after collection?
Big G

Follow up from dealer after collection?

As I may have ranted before when I collected my Evoque had a 45min handover and about 54 miles left in tank, that was it.

I seem to remember a thread showing what the dealer was supposed to do with the customer after collection, one of which was a follow up call. Suffice to say I've heard nothing.

When we collected the wifes' Audi A1 last year, got a Superguard treatment for free, bouquet, golf umbrella , full tank. Then two follow up calls.

Anyone get any follow up from their dealer?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
(This post was last modified: 15-03-2012 11:49am by Big G.)
15-03-2012 10:59am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

RE: Follow up from dealer after collection?

(15-03-2012 10:59am)Big G Wrote:  As I may have ranted before when I collected my Evoque had a 45min handover and about 20 miles left in tank, that was it.

I seem to remember a thread showing what the dealer was supposed to do with the customer after collection, one of which was a follow up call. Suffice to say I've heard nothing.

When we collected the wifes' Audi A1 last year, got a Superguard treatment for free, bouquet, golf umbrella , full tank. Then two follow up calls.

Only if they're expecting you to order another car... Laughing
15-03-2012 11:17am
Donny Dog

(15-03-2012 10:59am)Big G Wrote:  As I may have ranted before when I collected my Evoque had a 45min handover and about 20 miles left in tank, that was it.

This is what's supposed to happen:

After Delivery:
• The period of time just after delivery is when most customers have the most questions regarding the operation of their new vehicle.
• At 2 to 4 days, contact your customer and answer any questions they may have. The customer may be surveyed by Land Rover after delivery.
• At 2 to 3 weeks, now that your customer has had time to become familiar with their new vehicle, contact them again to answer any additional questions. Do not hesitate to schedule another appointment if necessary to provide another opportunity to clarify the operation of any feature that may be unclear. The customer may again be surveyed by LR several weeks after delivery.

This is what does happen:
15-03-2012 11:33am
EVO PUNDITT

I got my follow up call from my dealer after two days and got the L/R survey through the post two months later.

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
15-03-2012 11:44am
Big G

Laughing
(15-03-2012 11:33am)Donny Dog Wrote:  This is what's supposed to happen:

After Delivery:
• The period of time just after delivery is when most customers have the most questions regarding the operation of their new vehicle.
• At 2 to 4 days, contact your customer and answer any questions they may have. The customer may be surveyed by Land Rover after delivery.
• At 2 to 3 weeks, now that your customer has had time to become familiar with their new vehicle, contact them again to answer any additional questions. Do not hesitate to schedule another appointment if necessary to provide another opportunity to clarify the operation of any feature that may be unclear. The customer may again be surveyed by LR several weeks after delivery.

This is what does happen:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
15-03-2012 11:48am
Evoque U

Collected Saturday, 2 hr handover, full tank of fuel, coffee and a glass of water. Phone call Wednesday to see if all is ok and if we had any questions.

Am I the only one with great service so far.

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
15-03-2012 11:58am
JonR

I had the 2-day follow-up call - no issues on that (only half a tank of fuel though).

Pure SD4 Colima Lime - Tech pack, privacy glass, panoramic roof and Powered 'lazyman' tailgate
Ordered 22nd October 2011
Delivered 10th March 2012
15-03-2012 12:10pm
Donny Dog

(15-03-2012 12:10pm)JonR Wrote:  only half a tank of fuel though.

But was it half empty, or half full? Wink

(15-03-2012 11:58am)Evoque U Wrote:  Collected Saturday, 2 hr handover, full tank of fuel, coffee and a glass of water. Phone call Wednesday to see if all is ok and if we had any questions.

Am I the only one with great service so far.

Obviously not a Stratstone customer! Laughing
(This post was last modified: 15-03-2012 12:15pm by Donny Dog.)
15-03-2012 12:13pm
benzina

I also got great service Evoque U,in fact much like yours....coffee,water,full tank of fuel,around 2 hr handover cut short by me for information overload,and just wanted to drive the thing. Also introduced to the service department people,and got the follow up ''are you happy'' phone call.
I am very happy so far.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 15-03-2012 01:15pm by benzina.)
15-03-2012 12:15pm
JonR

Half empty! I was hoping for full so more disappointed than happy it wasn't dregs.

Seeing others' comments though, my handover was about 5 minutes 'here's the boot, there's the storage bin where you put your key, this round thing turns the wheels.. Have Fun!'

Pure SD4 Colima Lime - Tech pack, privacy glass, panoramic roof and Powered 'lazyman' tailgate
Ordered 22nd October 2011
Delivered 10th March 2012
15-03-2012 12:24pm