Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fold down armrests
PhilSkill

RE: Fold down armrests

Proper fold down arm rest in the loaner FL2 I have today just got in the way so I moved it up and out of the way within the first 2 miles... Definitely don't want one in the Evoque!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
28-11-2012 10:55am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IKM

(28-11-2012 10:55am)PhilSkill Wrote:  Proper fold down arm rest in the loaner FL2 I have today just got in the way so I moved it up and out of the way within the first 2 miles... Definitely don't want one in the Evoque!
I'd only consider armrests for an auto. Don't see the point for a manual.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
28-11-2012 10:59am
gibbyd

Fold down armrests

(28-11-2012 09:52am)speary Wrote:  Lets hope you dont have a blow out whilst hurtling down the motorway 1 handed. Its not you I am too concerned about its the other poor Censored you would take out.
Also you could (should) get a ticket for not being in full control of your vehicle

Lol. Better untwist your knickers friend.
28-11-2012 02:48pm
FeelingGoode78

(28-11-2012 02:48pm)gibbyd Wrote:  Lol. Better untwist your knickers friend.

I really find it annoying that people have to be so righteous on here. If gibbyd wants to buy a something to put his arm on when driving long distance, so be it. I too find this to be the case with my evoque and will be purchasing one. Many thanks for the thread
28-11-2012 10:42pm
PhilSkill

(28-11-2012 10:59am)IKM Wrote:  I'd only consider armrests for an auto. Don't see the point for a manual.

The FL2 was an Auto... so no difference for me regarding not wanting an arm rest.

I do find Auto's are boring to drive.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
28-11-2012 11:17pm
speary

(28-11-2012 02:48pm)gibbyd Wrote:  Lol. Better untwist your knickers friend.

Knickers duely untwisted
(28-11-2012 10:42pm)FeelingGoode78 Wrote:  I really find it annoying that people have to be so righteous on here. If gibbyd wants to buy a something to put his arm on when driving long distance, so be it. I too find this to be the case with my evoque and will be purchasing one. Many thanks for the thread

If i am being righteous then so is the law, I am just expressing my opinion and what the law states. You dont have to agree with me or the law if you dont want to.
Also please note that I have no problem with how he or anyone else drives as long as if they crash, they dont take anybody else with them

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2012 02:12pm by speary.)
30-11-2012 02:05pm
FeelingGoode78

(30-11-2012 02:05pm)speary Wrote:  Knickers duely untwisted

If i am being righteous then so is the law, I am just expressing my opinion and what the law states. You dont have to agree with me or the law if you dont want to.
Also please note that I have no problem with how he or anyone else drives as long as if they crash, they dont take anybody else with them

I'm afraid the law does not state "resting your arm while driving" is against the law. It does however state that being distracted from driving ie. using a mobile phone, eating or drinking is a distractation and is deemed to be against the law as it lowers the reaction times of the driver. Putting an arm on the arm rest is not a distraction as the driver is fully aware of the situation around him or her while driving. Have you heard of anyone getting a ticket for resting an arm on the arm rest???? I haven't and can't find anything on the net. I "rest" my case.
03-12-2012 11:11pm
speary

(03-12-2012 11:11pm)FeelingGoode78 Wrote:  I'm afraid the law does not state "resting your arm while driving" is against the law. It does however state that being distracted from driving ie. using a mobile phone, eating or drinking is a distractation and is deemed to be against the law as it lowers the reaction times of the driver. Putting an arm on the arm rest is not a distraction as the driver is fully aware of the situation around him or her while driving. Have you heard of anyone getting a ticket for resting an arm on the arm rest???? I haven't and can't find anything on the net. I "rest" my case.

It is against the law not to be in full control of your vehicle. Eg not holding the steering wheel correctly with 2 hands
Also on a general safety point if you we're resting your arm on the rest then you would probably only have a finger and thumb on the bottom of the wheel. If you then had a blowout at speed you will have no chance of controlling the car. Have a read of Roadcraft, you might learn something.
Sorry for un resting your caseVery Happy

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
07-12-2012 07:27pm
FeelingGoode78

(07-12-2012 07:27pm)speary Wrote:  It is against the law not to be in full control of your vehicle. Eg not holding the steering wheel correctly with 2 hands
Also on a general safety point if you we're resting your arm on the rest then you would probably only have a finger and thumb on the bottom of the wheel. If you then had a blowout at speed you will have no chance of controlling the car. Have a read of Roadcraft, you might learn something.
Sorry for un resting your caseVery Happy

Why would I want to read a book written for the metropolitan police force? It was written for police mainly for pursuits while reducing risk. Surley they would take more of dim view of driving like a traffic inforcment officer then resting an arm on a rest Wink
10-12-2012 10:59pm
jitenc

Atlas, Armrest or no armrest, the question still stands...... Smile)

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
10-12-2012 11:18pm