Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Flat Battery - Again
Colin_ZA

RE: Flat Battery - Again

(23-11-2012 09:15am)RacingSnake Wrote:  I mentioned it here:
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Dead-batt...1#pid70441
if that's the same thing.
My dynamic SD4 5door auto doing the same (dead battery and CD 3 minute message). LR dealer sent me to Netstar to have satellite tracking system checked and replaced. Seemed to help but 3 minute message is still being displayed if I try to use audio system with car turned off. Think I will start carrying jumper cables!
12-12-2012 04:11pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stevepol

I've had issue with low battery ever since purchase in may 12. have been resorting to use of ctek smart charger on a regular basis.
just been in touch with my dealer who states fix is imminent via software upgrade which addresses charging issues particularly for low mileage drivers.
just waiting for mail to book it in
hope this is useful to all
12-12-2012 06:36pm
The Valeter

Mine is going to dealer on Saturday to have battery fully charged then plugged into diagnostics & the Body Control unit will be told a new battery is fitted & then a software update added.
This is after 2 flats last week!!
Problem is I often use the car for work & leave it unlocked while using it & open doors etc though this shouldn't be allowed to be a cause to flatten a battery = modern technology I guess!
The AA man sugested fitting an AGM battery as fitted to the Stop/Start cars.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
12-12-2012 06:45pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lesdon499

Aargh!
As a low mileage driver - 2k in 9 months, I suffered from a flat battery on the first day of frost. Was watching this thread develop and will certainly ask for a software upgrade when I get the car serviced in Feb. But query is
Is the rear 12v connector live when the vehicle is stopped - so will I get a CTEK charger
If not has anyone fitted the JLR easy terminal charging block which fits under the wipers or,
Will the software upgrade sort this problem?

cheers for your help

Les

Dynamic SD4 unbadged
Fuji White
Style 6 wheels
Panoramic roof
MassiveVery Happy
12-12-2012 07:56pm
PhilSkill

2000 miles in 9 months, sounds like you will need something to help the Battery stay topped up. My understanding, but not yet proven to myself the rear socket is turned off.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
13-12-2012 01:18pm
J77

2000 in 9 months, thought I was bad at 4500 in 11 months.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
13-12-2012 01:23pm
Evo-king

(12-12-2012 07:56pm)lesdon499 Wrote:  But query is
Is the rear 12v connector live when the vehicle is stopped - so will I get a CTEK charger

cheers for your help

Les

Tim, tells me it is, I was plugging my solar charger into the one in the console, not anymore it is connected to the one in the boot now.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 13-12-2012 09:28pm by Evo-king.)
13-12-2012 09:27pm
jeeves

Prior to the Evoque we had a BMW X3 which did not have a flat battery once in 5 years. We have not significantly changed our driving profile but within 3 months the low battery caution message was illuminating on the evoque. Now I know the Evoque has more electrical gadgets than the X3 but that just means to me that RR have not put a big enough alternator/battery on the car.
The warning lights first started coming on in the summer! With a heavier demand in the winter the battery was dead. Very frustrating.

LRA came out and reprogrammed the car to continually charge the battery which means a fuel economy that will be poorer than it is already! (X3 36mpg average vs Evoque 28mpg both on 2L diesels).

The Evoque is a lovely car but it is being let down by pennypinching on the alternator/battery.

Please sort it out LR>
14-12-2012 11:44am
Tony

(14-12-2012 11:44am)jeeves Wrote:  Prior to the Evoque we had a BMW X3 which did not have a flat battery once in 5 years. We have not significantly changed our driving profile but within 3 months the low battery caution message was illuminating on the evoque. Now I know the Evoque has more electrical gadgets than the X3 but that just means to me that RR have not put a big enough alternator/battery on the car.
The warning lights first started coming on in the summer! With a heavier demand in the winter the battery was dead. Very frustrating.

The Evoque is a lovely car but it is being let down by pennypinching on the alternator/battery.

Please sort it out LR>
Up to now the only car I have owned that suffered from flat battery problems was a 1965 MG Midget - Dynamo, very small battery, & pos earth electrics. All my other cars in the last 40 years have had alternators and only the Evoque has had issues.

Looks like LR may have found a solution, its called the Stretched Evoque, extra space for a bigger battery and alternatorLaughing

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 14-12-2012 07:11pm by Tony.)
14-12-2012 06:47pm
Sarcastrix

Here in Sweden the dealers have replaced the 70Ah battery with an 80Ah to try and avoid the cold problems. They didn't do mine though as they conveniently didn't have one instock when I took the car in (5 hour trip) Banging Head

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
14-12-2012 06:59pm