Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Firenze Red Order put in
chiggy

Firenze Red Order put in

I have just put in an order for a Firenze Red, 5dr Pure TD4, Clearview Pack (Xenons, Auto headlamps, washers etc), Panoramic Roof, Almond/Espresso interior.

Cannot wait - been after this car since the concept version!

Had a few bumps along the way - apparently contrast roof not available on the Pure models, no Havana Black available - xenon lights delay... price difference between UK and Australia (outrageous, but what choice do I have).

Either way... I'm on top of the world!

Does anyone have a pure firenze red with an almond interior? please put up pictures.. i've been trying to look but havent specifically found that combination.

Also, estimated arrival date is February 2012!!

on a side note: For those who have been after the Barolo Black - I've just heard from my dealer that it is now available.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
14-10-2011 05:56am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: Firenze Red Order put in

Tell us how much it's costing in A$. It used to be the case Oz was good value for us to visit but the collapse of the GBP (2.60 in the 90's, 1.55 now) makes it an expensive country for us to visit now, but it's hardly Switzerland. That should translate to low import prices into Oz, but I know import and sales taxes will add quite a bit.

Haven't spec'd your car but it sounds about £27.5k pre-tax, or A$43k.

Edit: I think your date is wildly optimistic. You'll have read about the chaos here with almost everyone seeing delays. Tim will know better but I expect cars take several weeks to reach Oz. I'm on my fifth estimated date. Still, you can dream can't you?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 14-10-2011 06:13am by mark_n.)
14-10-2011 06:10am
chiggy

(14-10-2011 06:10am)mark_n Wrote:  Tell us how much it's costing in A$. It used to be the case Oz was good value for us to visit but the collapse of the GBP (2.60 in the 90's, 1.55 now) makes it an expensive country for us to visit now, but it's hardly Switzerland. That should translate to low import prices into Oz, but I know import and sales taxes will add quite a bit.

Haven't spec'd your car but it sounds about £27.5k pre-tax, or A$43k.

Edit: I think your date is wildly optimistic. You'll have read about the chaos here with almost everyone seeing delays. Tim will know better but I expect cars take several weeks to reach Oz. I'm on my fifth estimated date. Still, you can dream can't you?

haha! yeah... just got a call saying February now but for safety they're assuming March still mainly cause of the delays etc!

Well that's just it, in terms of AUD, its priced at $65k driveaway!! Almost $20k more than the UK, or, £12k cheaper in the UK!! Could probabaly get a Dynamic/Prestige for the same price there!

I couldn't even add the Style 6 20" alloys or the Tech pack on because it would be way too expensive!

One day... when I have more money....

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
(This post was last modified: 14-10-2011 06:22am by chiggy.)
14-10-2011 06:21am
berlin2011

(14-10-2011 06:10am)mark_n Wrote:  Edit: I think your date is wildly optimistic. You'll have read about the chaos here with almost everyone seeing delays. Tim will know better but I expect cars take several weeks to reach Oz. I'm on my fifth estimated date. Still, you can dream can't you?

The country specific allocations vs sales has a lot to do with the dates being quoted as well. The Evoque has been wildly successful pretty much everywhere but I suspect disproportionally so in the UK (Or put differently the UK Country allocation is too low and some other places too high)

The op was quoted a Feb delivery, given the time it takes to get to Aus etc. that's either a late Nov build or a December build, which implies his dealer still has slots open in those build cycles. I actually popped into a dealer different that my own here in SA to take a sneak peak at the first cars... (the dealer launch is Saturday, first customers gets their cars on Monday). While I was there I asked about delivery dates if I were to order now and the same answer came back, March Delivery... The dealer went as far as telling me that they are now speccing their December build slots and that will be the cars delivered in late Feb / early March.

I know from this forum that the dealers in the UK are not even quoting delivery times for new orders as they are already looking at summer 2012, while other countries are still taking orders for a build date two months away. It would be fascinating to actually see what delivery dates (with actual system build dates) people can get if they order now, I'm convinced it will show that the UK is being 'under supplied' vis a vis the rest of the world.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
14-10-2011 08:10am
mark_n

Just to be clear, I estimated the cost of the Pure at £33k including tax, which puts it at A$53k, so still more in Oz but less than A$20k.

The delays will be affecting all cars wherever they are destined but I agree the UK allocation seems way too low with talk of dealers not even taking deposits or accepting orders. If, as Tim suggests, demand for the other cars has fallen away, life as a LR dealer must be pretty grim. I saw one with loads of used RRSs waiting to be sold which nobody appears to want.

Even ignoring the site being clogged with half-finished cars, I would say Halewood as a site is full and not clear how they could expand. Take a look at it on Google Earth.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
14-10-2011 10:29am
JiiPee

Mate, that is EXACTLY the same specification I have ordered!

My order went in last March. Original delivery was late Oct - no such luck though and now we're talking mid December delivery. My dealer (in Finland) knows nothing about xenon delays and that worries me a bit. He tells me I should stop reading unofficial forums - I said he should check my order more often!! Smile

Enjoying enormously: Pure Td4 Automatic, Firenze Red, almond/espresso interior, panorama roof with rails, Pure tech pack, clearview pack & cold weather pack, parking radars front and back + camera.
14-10-2011 10:40am
bell-auto-services

(14-10-2011 10:40am)JiiPee Wrote:  He tells me I should stop reading unofficial forums - I said he should check my order more often!! Smile

LOOL a perfect answer for him Smile

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
14-10-2011 11:24am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

(14-10-2011 10:29am)mark_n Wrote:  Even ignoring the site being clogged with half-finished cars, I would say Halewood as a site is full and not clear how they could expand. Take a look at it on Google Earth.

I bet they wish they didn't close that Jaguar plant now though there is loads of space in Coventry for a new site but obviously takes time & money!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
14-10-2011 11:37am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
crown62

Thoughts on a contrast roof with the red? Have seen red with White roof ( looked stunning) seen red with black ( went well with the dynamic black parts) then there is red with red. Can't decide which is best.
I've chosen pan roof as a must have.

Current : 2012 Si4 Firenze red Dynamic 5 door black pano roof
Lotus 2013 Elise S3
2014 Hyundai i10
For 2016 ?
14-10-2011 10:12pm
chiggy

My choice would've been the black contrast roof with the pan roof. I think it looks really good and is a great combination.

unfortunately on my evoque I can't cause its a pure. Landrover needs to update their configurator.... worldwide.

15-10-2011 12:52am