Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Finally Arrived Home!
Samson

Finally Arrived Home!

First of apologies for this long post... but as you will see from the number of pictures I am very excited by my purchase Very Happy

Collected my car on Wed 21/11. Car actually arrived about a week previously but had front and rear mud flaps fitted. Was hoping for at least a dry day if not clear, but it was grey, damp and drizzling. Pretty miserable, but at least had the car to cheer me up! Handover took about 2 hours and was very friendly and professional. The guys at LPR are great! Got a full tank of fuel and some goodies for the wife. Car as can be seen by the shots below (click on the link) was as requested unprepared with plastic wrapping still intact.

Collection at the Dealers

Driving the car for the first time was bliss, but way too short... took the car straight to the detailers a couple of miles from the dealers. The team at Over The Rainbow are just brilliant - really dedicated and passionate about cars. Got a call from Alfie on Wed evening saying that the rear panel on the passenger side had a dust spot and as I was unable to make it in he took the car to LPR on my behalf, who agreed it was a warranty issue, but gave him permission to fix and if he was not able to they would undertake a respray of the area. The latter I did not want so was hoping Alfie was going to be able to fix... Confused a bit worrying on a brand new car but I guess these things happen.

Received the call on Friday morning saying he had managed to fix - phew! Alfie had the exterior, interior, windows and wheels treated with GTechniq. The team here were thorough to the point of extreme, but this shows the level of care and attention paid. Every part of the car was treated including the bumpers, wheel arches and even the wheels were removed before applying treatment.

Pictures in the link below... the speckle effect of barola black really comes through.

At the Detailers

My first 'proper' drive was for around 10 miles back home after collecting from Over The Rainbow, right bang in the middle of the Friday rush hour around the North Circular Sad. Couldn't get a proper feel for the car as my average speed was around 10mph. So I guess I should not be too shocked by the first mpg reading of 13.7 for the journey Shocked?

Woke up Saturday morning to find it pouring with rain, but the car with its GTechniq coating looked brilliant. The first photo in the link below is of the drivers door panel - almost a complete mirror effect. The second is of the bonnet and the third as you can probably guess is the windscreen. Drove it properly today and the car is just brilliant - super comfortable, responsive when needed, agile and just a pleasure to drive. Because of the windscreen treatment, the water just flew off - have been told that this should last well over a year. Really looking forward to many more hours of driving this vehicle. Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Raining Again

Arrived: Prestige SD4 Auto 5-Door, Barolo Black, Couture Interior, Style 5 Wheels, Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Cornering Headlights w/ Auto Levelling, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare Wheel, TPM System, Mud Flaps
24-11-2012 11:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Finally Arrived Home!

Nice one...Enjoy! gTechniq stuff is great.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
24-11-2012 11:31pm
Nowaytk

I know what you mean about Alfie & the guys, the sort of guys that you know will look after your pride & joy, had mine detailed there as well & take it back quite regularly to get washed as they do a very thorough job.

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
24-11-2012 11:44pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The front side glasses of the Evoque are made from a special water repelling glass and shouldn't have been treated with the Gtech stuff, it isn't necessary

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-11-2012 12:12am
Rxa

Congratulations on the new car, it looks great! I'm going to take my car over to Alfie next weekend as well.

Evoque Prestige Lux Sd4 - Santorini Black/ Spirit Tan interior/ Style 7 Shadow Chrome wheels - ordered July 2012, delivered November 2012
1986 Range Rover 3.5 v8 in Dhaka, Bangladesh
25-11-2012 12:21am
Samson

(25-11-2012 12:12am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The front side glasses of the Evoque are made from a special water repelling glass and shouldn't have been treated with the Gtech stuff, it isn't necessary

Thanks - didn't know about that... but would not have the changed the price as it was all in.

Arrived: Prestige SD4 Auto 5-Door, Barolo Black, Couture Interior, Style 5 Wheels, Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Cornering Headlights w/ Auto Levelling, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare Wheel, TPM System, Mud Flaps
25-11-2012 12:01pm
PhilSkill

Having put G1 on my rear windows, they now look exactly the same as the fronts with dew and water repellency etc.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
25-11-2012 04:27pm
WB
WB

(25-11-2012 12:01pm)Samson Wrote:  Thanks - didn't know about that... but would not have the changed the price as it was all in.

Congrats and glad to hear you we're impressed by Alfie and the team - I couldn't agree more!
25-11-2012 10:15pm
Evo-king

Samson, your car looks good.

Really good that Lookers complied with your request not to do anything, good for them and good for you.

Did your wipers judder at any point after the glass treatment went on?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
25-11-2012 10:40pm
SebM

Congrats !!

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
26-11-2012 02:20pm