Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Land rover experience - dunkeld
simonc6875

Just came back from a half day experience at dunkeld. All I can say is WOW !! I've underestimated the evoque. It's was literally solid ice the whole way round, up across the athol estate with roads/tracks you couldn't even stand up on it was that slippy. But the evoque on standard road tyres didn't even slip or attempt to get stuck. A fantastic insight to how to drive and handle the car. The instructor ( a woman, can't remember her name ) was brilliant, first class. Please if u get the chance, go.

Oh, they had 3 new range rovers sitting there. Very nice !!!
15-12-2012 06:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Land rover experience - dunkeld

On the 3rd Dec when I went there were 50 new Range Rovers there and I drove one for 3 hours. Have to agree though that with the additional trickery on the FFRR and 10cm of snow and frozen water on their instruction grounds near the centre the cars treated it like it was a summer drive apart from severely chewing up lots of alloy wheels breaking through the ice. The FFRRs were all on 19" standard "summer" pattern road tyres and nobody got stuck. A friend went on the 4th and reported back that it was even more impressive as the snow we had had overnight Sunday had frozen hard overnight on the Monday so every track was a toboggan run, and again nobody slipped or got stuck.
One useful option on the new FFRR is a £30 option of a larger capacity washer bottle, virtually everybody who drove from Gleneagles to Dunkeld found the rear screen only took seconds to get totally obscured with road muck and were going to spec the larger washer bottle!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
17-12-2012 05:57am
J77

Been to Dunkeld LRE a few times, most of them have been half days but I did do the full day in the Defender, it's a fantastic machine.

Still trying to sweet talk my salesman into another voucher, and will do it in the L405.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 17-12-2012 12:12pm by J77.)
17-12-2012 12:12pm
muff

I just booked a half day at Dunkeld for early Feb in an Evoque. Last time I did it in a Disco 4 and loved it. Looking forward to discovering what the RRE is like off road
17-12-2012 01:29pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Don't go spending too much at Dunkeld, I'm hoping to arrange a full day private group booking in the spring

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-12-2012 03:40pm by XFullFatTim.)
17-12-2012 03:39pm
muff

I got a free voucher from Shields when I took delivery of the car
18-12-2012 04:46pm