Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Faults from a grumpy old man...
FFRR

RE: Faults from a grumpy old man...

My 2p:

1. The foot-rest comes out too far which means I end up putting my foot between the brake pedal and the foot-rest, not as comfortable as it should be

This is a basic mistake that should have been noticed! A RR should be comfortable to drive. Am I correct in thinking the Evoque does not have a floor mounted accelerator a la FFRR? I much prefer floor-mounted myself.

2. The ambient lighting is pretty poor...not enough impact...especially the lighting behind the centre console, when you're sat in the car your leg covers the space and means you can't even see it

Again, basic mistakes...they talked up the ambient lighting big...the 'Waterfall' lighting in the FFRR is very effective...and that's been around since...what...2002?!

3. The buttons on the steering wheel feel cheap and the sound they make when you press them is deeply unpleasant...the soft touch buttons on the Disco steering wheel are much better

Unfortunately, they had to cut costs somewhere. The steering wheels on the Sport and the Discovery are better quality, but we also need to consider the price point. A half wood/half leather steering wheel on a FFRR can cost up to £1500, and the Evoque's is around £500 max

6. Catches on the front seats to enable access to the back are a little cheap...metal would have been better

Again, cutting costs where they think people won't notice....

8. There should be a HUD...surely not hard to do

Not even the L322 has this so I doubt they would 'preview' new technology for JLR on the Evoque...likely to come on the L405 and then be filtered down...

9. The climate control should be link-able...I don't like having to change both when I should just be able to change one

No JLR vehicle has this, so unlikely.

10. No electric height adjustment on the passenger seat...why not...just don't understand

Was this not an option?

11. The centre armrest should have a 2 part open option...shallow top section and deeper bottom section...fairly common these days

A la FFRR but again...cost.

12. It should have fold down armrests as per the other Range Rovers...I know its a different driving postion but I am now forced to twist my body a little if I wish to use the armrest

Reckon this will come for 2013MY...possible retrofittable.

13. Reversing camera takes too long to come on when you select reverse, frustratingly slow

Strange...maybe get the dealer to look at that?

However, I know the Evoque is expensive...but we are forgetting perhaps that the FFRR is not just double the cost, but up to 3x more expensive in Autobiography guise.

(21-01-2012 11:41am)ytshome Wrote:  7. Exterior grey plastics to be paint treated.

The Range Rover only just got a colour coded grille and colour coded door handles for 2012MY!!!!
(This post was last modified: 21-01-2012 04:18pm by FFRR.)
21-01-2012 04:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ezandania

Faults from a grumpy old man...

FFRR: looks like 1,3,6,12 can be those upgrades aftermarket accessories companies (powerfuluk etc.) can look into? I think "Startech" has started with footrests. Since this would be my first 'luxury' purchase, honestly I don't think I would have noticed all these if it weren't for this forum.

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
(This post was last modified: 21-01-2012 05:02pm by Ezandania.)
21-01-2012 04:59pm
mark_n

Interesting that most of the comments are about the perceived quality of the interior and the operation of the electronics, not about the driving experience. I agree that it would be worth spending, say, a extra £1000 to improve these areas.

I'd like to see more grunt and an (even) sportier option to stiffen the suspension and so reduce roll on cornering.

Overall though, I think the Evoque is a finely judged balance between cost and quality and it will be interesting to see what changes are made for MY 2013.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
21-01-2012 08:07pm
olde

Token, at the risk of hijacking your thread...

I apologize to ... yourself, DDX, Mag1c_dragon, Claud, ytshome, Defender_uk, FFRR, Exandania, and mark_n ... for not including the suggestions being discussed in this thread, into The List. May I have your permission(s) to include them?

I'll also try to prioritize The List to reflect your comments about the most popular suggestions being more valuable than the unusual ones.

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
01-02-2012 03:47am