Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FairFuel Campaign..
Token

RE: FairFuel Campaign..

(22-02-2012 08:17pm)J77 Wrote:  If the country didn't have to support junkies, alcoholics and general useless lowlife specimans that can't be bothered to go out and work and use the benefit system as a lifestyle rather than a cruch to see them through a hard time then there would be no need to tax anything so highly.

Now that's a campaign that I would support!!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
22-02-2012 08:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LDT

(22-02-2012 07:58pm)Token Wrote:  Fuel price will increase no matter what we do...unless we stop using our cars...which we won't do!

I live in a semi rural area where the public transport infrastructure is practically non existent. I do not want to move to the nearest town or city for reasons I won't go into here. I therefore have no choice but to drive. If the fuel tax were invested in providing better public transport I would definitely take this option, at least for the daily commute.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
22-02-2012 09:03pm
Fireysam

Delivered ...Prestige SD4 Barolo Black, Style 6 sparkle Silver Alloys ....oh yes
22-02-2012 09:07pm
THEMACS

At then end of the day as we all know, it is just an EASY Way to get more tax revenues, End Of, nothing more nothing less. Do any of you really believe that if tomorrow we could find a way to run our cars on rain water or fresh air that the Government wouldn't recoup the revenue somewhere else so they can dole it out to all and sundry who come to our shores, mostly illegally?? Now thats what gets my goat up, but I better not start on that one!!!

Once oil runs out, they will find another way to plug the hole!!!
22-02-2012 10:10pm
dandavis1

(22-02-2012 10:10pm)THEMACS Wrote:  At then end of the day as we all know, it is just an EASY Way to get more tax revenues

the important distinction with tax on fuel is that no-one (people with special needs aside) NEEDS a car (I went without one for 4 years) and those that choose to have one have many ways to reduce the amount of tax they pay (by walking, cycling, using state-subsidised public transport etc). It's a tax that can be largely avoided.

As for people in rural areas who say the NEED their cars should keep in mind that it's the car that has created their dependency on the car. The reason they need a car to get to the supermarket is because all the shops in their village closed cos everyone drove to the supermarket.

In many ways, the personal motor car is one of the worst inventions of all time. Easily one of the main factors for the decline in the good ol' community, but again, thats not the issue here. If you don't like paying tax on your fuel, use less fuel.
(This post was last modified: 22-02-2012 11:31pm by dandavis1.)
22-02-2012 11:28pm
THEMACS

(22-02-2012 11:28pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  the important distinction with fuel on tax is that no-one (people with special needs aside) NEEDS a car (I went without one for 4 years) and those that choose to have one have many ways to reduce the amount of tax they pay (by walking, cycling, using state-subsidised public transport etc). It's a tax that can be largely avoided.

As for people in rural areas who say the NEED their cars should keep in mind that it's the car that has created their dependency on the car. The reason they need a car to get to the supermarket is because all the shops in their village closed cos everyone drove to the supermarket.

In many ways, the personal motor car is one of the worst inventions of all time. Easily one of the main factors for the decline in the good ol' community, but again, thats not the issue here. If you don't like paying tax on your fuel, use less fuel.

Don't you think that if everyone stopped driving, drinking, smoking, that the government would find other ways to get the Tax Revenues??

Dan, have you checked behind your ears to check if they are Green!!LaughingLaughingLaughing
22-02-2012 11:31pm
dandavis1

(22-02-2012 11:31pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Don't you think that if everyone stopped driving, drinking, smoking, that the government would find other ways to get the Tax Revenues??

Of course they would! (Although if everyone stopped driving drinking and smoking, the amount of money needed to be spent by the government would be greatly reduced!).

Be clear, our country needs a certain amount of cash to function in the way all us taxpayers want, and we elect a government and ask them to find the fairest way of raising and spending that money.

Constantly moaning and whining and protesting about the price of fuel won't stop it going up. But we are all able to use less fuel and pay less tax leaving the lazy, the rich and the stupid to carry on paying more (I include myself here, but I'm happy to be stupid and accept that to drive an Evoque I'll pay £400 road tax and more fuel duty - its a choice).
(This post was last modified: 22-02-2012 11:52pm by dandavis1.)
22-02-2012 11:46pm
PhilSkill

Well this is the Oil Age.

The motorist is an easy screw the government can tighten, all the infrastructure, monitoring, means to make pay is in place, need more cash tighten that screw! And they can claim its for green reasons too, Still doesnt make it right.

We should tax air travel more heavily first and stop the back and forth of goods around the world just to utilise cheap labour and/or cheap taxes to produce cheap disposable goods.

If the tax was being put into energy recovery infrastructure for the future it wouldn't feel as if we were just being used.

Ultimately we're just locusts that nature will crush if we mess it around enough, and only ourselves to blame! The earth will go on with or without us till its enveloped by the expanding sun regardless of what we do.

So its not about saving the planet, its about being sensible with the environment in which the human race can live.

Sell me a 200hp hydrogen powered Evoque that I fill up from the tap, i'm buying! Until then make sure when I buy something badged 50mpg, thats what it does!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
23-02-2012 12:29am
Big G

I like my car !Very Happy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
23-02-2012 01:18am
PhilSkill

(23-02-2012 01:18am)Big G Wrote:  I like my car !Very Happy

Laughing You know what, So do I! Smile

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
23-02-2012 01:30am