Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Exterior Colour Combinations - What Looks Best?
BFGEvoqueMan

RE: Exterior Colour Combinations - What Looks Best?

(31-12-2012 11:46pm)The Valeter Wrote:  Pure/Prestige only on this one as they look the same pretty much from the outside.
So whhich of these colour combinations look the best?

I have gloss black roof rails that will be transferred to the next car so I want them to be noticed lol. A panoramic roof will also be added.

Black body with a silver roof.
Silver body with a black roof.
Grey with a black roof.

I did mention the wrapping idea to cut the cost but the dealer said they had had one done with a Pano roof & you could notice the joins!

Or :-

No contrast roof but Barollo Black car?

Either way the bumpers will have the inserts coloured to copy a Dynamic.

I did think about colouring the front wing-fender/door trim pieces & tailgate finisher coloured in Firenze Red to offer a contrast a bit like the RED Edition of the RR Sport.

We have a black and silver Dynamic on order, but to get the coontrast you need to have a non glass roof. I have seen a silver roof with panoromic and the effect (IMHO) is a bit lost as 90% of it is black. If you must have a glass roof then I would say the contrast roof must be black and the car silver. Trust this makes sense.

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
01-01-2013 09:47pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

(01-01-2013 09:47pm)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  We have a black and silver Dynamic on order, but to get the coontrast you need to have a non glass roof. I have seen a silver roof with panoromic and the effect (IMHO) is a bit lost as 90% of it is black. If you must have a glass roof then I would say the contrast roof must be black and the car silver. Trust this makes sense.

It does make sense yes as I guess you are paying the same £500 Mad for a silver roof yet covering most of it in black glass at another £790 Mad.

I think I will speak to dealer & hopefully LR tomorrow regarding the Barollo & Firenze bits & if that goes sour then very probably Silver body & Black roof.

As Phil says Firenze Red with Black roof, often seen this & it is very nice indeed but as I have Firenze now it won't look to others etc that I have changed my car lol & I may also feel regret that I have gone from my sporty Firenze to a Pure with the non coloured sills etc so I think with that in mind I must have a change even though I love my Firenze!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
01-01-2013 10:04pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tony

Silver with Black roof if this helps.

We considered OG with Black roof but not enough contrast, also considered Mauritious Blue with white roof but chickened out. Just as well Mauritious looks great in the PR photos but having seen several on a dull day it is just flat, looks like the same blue used on a lot of Ford Festers. Considered Black but the Evoque is too small to carry it off, best colour for something larger like FL2. Hate white on any car!!

All said colour is a personal choice and whatever you are happy with.

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
02-01-2013 04:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply