Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Caught speeding!
Coolbanana

Caught speeding!

I've been in the UK 12 years, owned a BMW 335i and Z4M, drove them 'spiritedly' from time to time and never had a speeding fine!

Well, today I reckon I have earned myself a fine and some points in my Evoque...

Returning from the shops, driving slowly towards a well-known Gatso and a see a bin truck doing its thing directly ahead and just past the camera. I get to the camera but I'm now focussing on overtaking the stationary truck...a long stream of cars on the other side coming towards me so what do I do? I launch myself, foot flat to the floor into the oncoming lane to beat the cars ahead...and do so comfortably...but then realise I did this manoeuvre right in front of the Gatso! Rolling EyesEmbarrassed

Ah well, had to be caught at some point I guess.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
02-05-2012 06:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ytshome

RE: Caught speeding!

Wouldn't count on it just yet. Very many aren't even activated.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
02-05-2012 07:07pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You'll be sweating for the next 14 days for the letter with the evidence

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-05-2012 07:13pm
Coolbanana

Aye, done the 2 week sweat before but been lucky. This time, I'm not so sure. I know this one is working 'cos I regularly see people getting caught by it. I didn't see a flash but then only glanced behind me as I was pulling back in front of the bin truck and saw the camera and felt like a twit!

It all depends upon at what point I was exceeding 30mph and whether the camera would pick me up in the adjacent lane or only focussed upon the lane with road markings - I suspect I was speeding when I was alongside the truck facing oncoming traffic.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
02-05-2012 07:56pm
PhilSkill

Don't count your points till their issued! And try not to hound the postman every morning...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
02-05-2012 08:01pm
XFullFatTim

I nearly ran into the back of a car yesterday because the driver (who was only doing 50 on a 60 limit road) panicked and slowed right down to pass our local mobile Safety camera wagon. She then got all upset when I hooted her and overtook at 55mph as she speeded up again. I suspect most of the time it isn't looking for speeders, it's doing ANPR duties, but don't intend to find out if it is on speeder duties or not!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2012 08:27pm by XFullFatTim.)
02-05-2012 08:20pm
Coolbanana

Weeeeeeell...nothing in the post yet...

23-05-2012 08:31pm
Big Dave

(02-05-2012 08:20pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  (who was only doing 50 on a 60 limit road)

As I was told by a very enthusiastic policeman just last week: "It's a limit, not a target."

Rolling Eyes

2.0 Si4 Dynamic 5Dr Auto, Fuji White, Lux Pack, Dynamic Plus Pack, 20" Chrome Shadow Alloys, etc etc etc
29-05-2012 06:50am
XFullFatTim

This lady had just overtaken me doing considerably more than the 60 limit when she came round the bend onto the straight where the safety camera van parks and panicked - happens all the time. One of the joys of driving at the speed limit using cruise control. Had I been in my previous RRS or FFRR then the adaptive cruise would have slowed me down to the speed she was doing!

It would be great to have adaptive cruise on the RRE with only a single proviso - in other cars I have owned that have it, when the head unit got dirty/ snow caked on it you had no cruise at all, would have been better if you had the option to switch between normal cruise control and adaptive and none at all. Driving from Southampton to Central Scotland on clear motorways at speed in snow showers was a real pain in the RRS and FFRR as you had adaptive cruise or no cruise, unpleasant for a 490 mile drive in cars that didn't need to stop for fuel, just to rest the driver.

(This post was last modified: 29-05-2012 01:50pm by XFullFatTim.)
29-05-2012 01:49pm