Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque freebies
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Evoque freebies

OK, now the launch party is over and customers cars are rolling out of dealerships, what little freebies/ souvenirs did any body receive at the Here and Now event?

Lookers Park Royal didn't do theatre trips/ film shows/ firework displays or any of that stuff but those who attended received a goodie bag of useful Evoque goodies - I received an Evoque Pen, the 2012 brochure that has the accessories brochure included and an Evoque keyring. I also received an Evoque Memory Stick and somehow have ended up with 3 more key rings (just in the nick of time as my Disco3.co.uk key ring gave out yesterday!)

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-09-2011 09:02am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Token

RE: Evoque freebies

I got nothing...which sums up my dealer!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
13-09-2011 10:08am
ant

brochureSad

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
13-09-2011 10:16am
alibeau

We received two goodie bags with an Evoque pen, 2 Evoque chocolates, an Evoque 'post it' note pad and a brochure. Our girls were both given a 'matchbox' Evoque each...... DD2 managed to write hers off before we left the showroom so the salesmen gave them another one each!!!! DH repaired the broken one, so he has that one, the girls have one each and I have one on my desk at work!!!!

Ali Smile
13-09-2011 10:18am
evoqueboy

A glass Evoque which was really nice. A good size too!
13-09-2011 10:18am
ytshome

I've had nothing but in fairness, I didn't attend (nor was I invited to) their launch as I live around 100 miles away.

Initially my invoice was £1000.00 too much and this took three days to resolve as they insisted it was right. I eventually found that the had charged me for the coupe rather than the five door.

The part ex that they offered on my sons car (we are giving him our old one) was £95.00 less than "webuyanycar" and after a fair bit of cadjolling they offered me 5% off accessories but frankly I'd rather pay full price.

The sales staff have been polite but haven't always got back to me and in fact as I write, I'm awaiting his return email which he promised me would arrive yesterday.

All in all the buying experience so far hasn't made me feel that I'm buying from a prestige name that wants to attract (and keep) new customers. I have to say that Jaguar and BMW did seem to offer a lot more care and both of those were discounting their cars substantially.

Still love the look of the car though!

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
13-09-2011 10:23am
Daigriff

We were all given a goody bag each (there were four of us!!) which included two lots of evoque sweets, brochures and magazine reviews, an evoque jigsaw, a half day off road invite subject to taking a test drive in any LR vehicle (does that mean I can go four timesVery Happy) and some other bits and pieces...very good.

I've also had a very nice Evoque "man bag" ahem, pens and other stuff off a pal who has been involved with LR/RR.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
13-09-2011 10:30am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Dalgriff, if you haven't been on one before then the LRE days are great. The staff will show you things you never thought possible in a car! My advice is that if you can, upgrade from the free halfway to a full day - you might be able to do this by using 4 tickets to get two drivers on a course! And even better you use their car and don't risk your own. Also read the conditions of the invite IIRC they have a best before date and I know some folks have been really disappointed that they didn't realise that they had to use the LRE invite within 3 or 6 months. If you can get to it the Eastnor Castle is the best one to go to as that is where they develop the cars, but all the LRE's are a good day out. I think you have one in North Wales too.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-09-2011 11:00am
Charlie
No Longer Registered

So how come you got a goody bag from Lookers and I didn't?
Also annoyed me when I was asked to 'sign in' and the lady on the door looked at the list twice and said you're not on here, only for me to point out
'what about that Mrs Charlie?'...

Very big hmmmm on the goody bag if you're reading James Confused
13-09-2011 11:07am
J77

Stratstone Cupar gave us test drive reports, pen specially made evoque cup cake chocolates and money off some hotel but the best was a half day experience. Thumbs Up

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
13-09-2011 11:11am