Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
Evoque TD4 single exhaust to twin exhaust?
RRevoqueTD4

Evoque TD4 single exhaust to twin exhaust?

Hi!

I got my evoque 3 weeks ago and its a 2.2 TD4 version. On the test drive in December 2011 I tried the SD4 and I was impressed with the sound car gave me when I put the pedal to the metal Smile. However I decided to take the TD4 because I knew it is the same engine and probably I will be able to unlock it to 190Hp which comes to the SD4 version.
I was reading forums here and couldn't believe that in Ireland you can pay only 1.000,00 pounds extra from TD4 to SD4 version. Here in Slovenia (also EU country for the ones that don't know Wink) you have to pay 3.300,00 pounds or 4.000,00€ extra to go from pure TD4 to SD4. So that is why it was not rational to me to spend all that extra money for the the same engine which I can unlock for maximum 500,00€.
I got my Evouque 3 weeks ago and at first I thought it was just some electronic block to not get that full "tiger" sound. Now I have 1500 km and I'm using higher rpm then on the begining. Finaly I found out on this forum that TD4 has single exhaust and SD4 the cool looking and sounding twin exhaust.
I'm a little angry at the LR salesman which didn't warn me that the SD4 has the twin exhaust.

Yesterday I took a look at my exhaust system on my evouque. You have to excuse me for my bad English in mechanic expressions because it is not my native language but I'm gonna try my best.
I also attached pics to make things a little more understanding. Its snowing here so thats why the car isn't perfectly clean. I think it is possible to make a twin exhaust on TD4 without too much hustle but here is where I would need some help from people who know this things.
On the bottom-middle of the car there is a "exhaust pot". We call it like this in my country don't know whats the correct english expression.

By the way, my car has the wheel on the left not like in Britain. From this "pot" exhaust pipe goes to the left and come out of the left plastic.

Here is what I was thinking...can I order the same plastic with the whole on the right side from SD4 and the exhaust pipe on the right side from SD4 and put it on my TD4. They could just weld the exhaust pipe to the "exhaust pot" even if it would not really work. I think this probably could be done.

The real question is: "Can you simply cut a hole on the right side of "exhaust pot" and weld the right exhaust pipe on, so that it would be fully funtional?". With this I mean getting that sound which I want and getting the full working option. I'm attaching the pics to see how my car chassis exhaust system looks on TD4.

Can someone please send me some pics of SD4 rear chasis to see how their exhaust system looks so I know if i have the basic chance of doing what I wanted to?
Is it possible to simply punch a whole on the "exhaust pot" and weld the exhaust pipe on or can there be troubles afterwards...I really don't know if this "exhaust pots" are different for twin and single exhaust pipes.

I would appreciate any help and advice!

Cheers!
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2012 08:49pm by RRevoqueTD4.)
05-02-2012 08:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

RE: Evoque TD4 single exhaust to twin exhaust?

My car is RHD and exhaust is on the same side, I think you can buy the parts for the bumper and buy the exhaust for the SD4. Should be a straight swap but I am not a mechanic I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. Thumbs Up

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2012 10:19pm by J77.)
05-02-2012 10:12pm
RRevoqueTD4

(05-02-2012 10:12pm)J77 Wrote:  My car is RHD and exhaust is on the same side, I think you can buy the parts for the bumper and buy the exhaust for the SD4. Should be a straight swap but I am not a mechanic I am some will correct me if I am wrong. Thumbs Up

I was thiking of doing the same thing you suggested...But I donno if the bumper from SD4 is the same...in otherwords if the plastic on the right side is switchable with sd4 one with the twin exhaust pipe. I wouldnt like to buy the whole bumper. Just the right plastic and the right exhaust pipe...if such thing is even possible...donno...that's why I'm here Wink

but thx
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2012 10:22pm by RRevoqueTD4.)
05-02-2012 10:21pm
Evo-king

J77, is probably right, you should be able to do that.

As far as I know it is only the Dynamic which has a different bumper moulding.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
05-02-2012 10:34pm
broady43

You might aswell go the whole hog and put the dynamic rear bumper and exhaust bits and have the only,"Purenamic".Tongue Out

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
05-02-2012 10:46pm
cjfp

Purenamic - too late

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Purenamic...=Purenamic

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2012 10:58pm by cjfp.)
05-02-2012 10:48pm
broady43

(05-02-2012 10:48pm)cjfp Wrote:  Purenamic - too late

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Purenamic...=Purenamic

Now you bring it to my attention,I remember reading the thread!

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
05-02-2012 11:02pm
RRevoqueTD4

Probably will go to LR dealer to see a SD4 exhaust system for myself...i hope there are some people here that help and not only people that brag what they have...just for the record...i went on LR webpage before buying my Evoque and I choose the fuji white color and 19'' tyres style 5...the difference was only pure and dynamic...5 out of 5 people said they like the pure better then dynamic because there is just too much white in the dynamic version...the pure version with black tinted windows and black panoramic roof and black bumpers gives just right amount of sport look...if you ask me...but as i said 5 out of 5 chose pure over dynamic in Fuji color...the only mistake the LR webpage has it that it shows twin exhaust pipes on the pure version which is not true...or it should give you a choice between sd4 and td4 to see the real outlook of the car...but this is not the point of this post

the point is...if someone can post some pics from SD4 rear chasis

thx again
06-02-2012 01:31am
Sarcastrix

I think all the hardware/ mounts are already there. Take a look at Miltek's website, according to them the "We can now confirm that the Milltek exhaust fits all models of the Range Rover Evoque - 5-door & Coupé / TD4 & SD4 / Pure & Prestige all use the same exhaust with tailpipes as shown in the photos."

http://www.millteksport.com/product.news...ticleid=93

Send them a cheeky email, saying what model you've got and you want to confirm the fit Smile

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2012 08:20am by Sarcastrix.)
06-02-2012 08:19am
GibEvoque

Just to add, I have a Euro spec TD4 Dynamic, and can confirm this also only has the single exhaust, but the usual twin trim of the Dynamic bumper.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
06-02-2012 11:36am