Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just ordered
061music

Just ordered

Hello,

I'm a newbie on this forum and have just ordered the MY17 SE tech eD4 for my partner.

Have gone for it in black with the 18" 506 style wheels and a cirrus/lunar interior. We ordered on Tuesday and expecting delivery at the end of September.

Do you know if these qualify for the land rover driving experience? I forgot to ask the dealer
16-06-2016 09:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Just ordered

Welcome to the forums 061
Land Rover Experience vouchers have to be requested from the dealer these days if you want a "free" one. They also have an expiry date so don't delay using it when you get one. They used to be issued free and automatically but so few people used theirs that the system was changed. If you can afford to upgrade the standard half day voucher to a full day it is well worth it. Also you can use the voucher at any UK LRE centre not just the one nearest your home. The best one of the lot is also the oldest - Eastnor Castle down near Ledbury, but they are dotted around the UK as well. Don't let anyone lead you up the path about the capabilities of the ED4 off-road, they are way better than many of the other 2WD cross over SUV's.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 16-06-2016 09:54pm by XFullFatTim.)
16-06-2016 09:49pm
061music

(16-06-2016 09:49pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Welcome to the forums 061
Land Rover Experience vouchers have to be requested from the dealer these days if you want a "free" one. They also have an expiry date so don't delay using it when you get one. They used to be issued free and automatically but so few people used theirs that the system was changed. If you can afford to upgrade the standard half day voucher to a full day it is well worth it. Also you can use the voucher at any UK LRE centre not just the one nearest your home. The best one of the lot is also the oldest - Eastnor Castle down near Ledbury, but they are dotted around the UK as well. Don't let anyone lead you up the path about the capabilities of the ED4 off-road, they are way better than many of the other 2WD cross over SUV's.

Brilliant, thanks

This will mainly be used on the road with the odd excursion on an unadopted road with some reasonable size potholes but nothing serious.

Will definitely ask the dealer about that then
16-06-2016 10:11pm
Pete

I'd echo Tim's recommendation about the LR experience. Eastnor is a great venue and the full day will teach you a lot more than just the brief taster session. You don't have to drive an Evoque for the session, you can choose any of the LR range.

Congrats on the new order.

Porsche Macan
17-06-2016 09:13am
XFullFatTim

LRE days are not free to the dealer, they get charged for them so you may have to get "heavy" with them to give you one!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
17-06-2016 09:14am
Pete

I think the dealers would only be charged if the customer makes a booking. I heard from the guys at Eastnor that the take-up rate is about 15%. It doesn't really make sense for dealers to pay for something that'll not be used in 85% of cases.

If I'm wrong, then there must be a heck of a lot of wasted money.

Porsche Macan
17-06-2016 09:20am
XFullFatTim

Oh yes, dealers won't be charged if you don't go! Most dealers are more than happy to give out a voucher on request.

With your location of Manchester you also have a choice of LRE's to go to without too long a drive. You can find all the locations and contact details on the Land Rover website
http://www.landrover.co.uk/sponsorship-a...re/uk.html

(This post was last modified: 17-06-2016 09:34am by XFullFatTim.)
17-06-2016 09:30am
061music

thanks everyone Smile
17-06-2016 08:03pm