Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque Pure SD4 ordered Jan12, still no delivery date!
puresd4

Evoque Pure SD4 ordered Jan12, still no delivery date!

We ordered our Evoque SD4 in January 2012 with an estimated Delivery date of 1/6/12. It was delayed until 18/7/12 but we had arranged to collect 29/7/12, on return from holiday. Whilst away we were told it wouldn't be completed on time due to lack of parts at LR Halewood factory. Dealer said LR won't tell them parts that aren't in stock! Also Dealer said if not completed by Sun 29/7/12 the car won't be completed until after 13/8/12 as the factory will be shut down for summer holidays. Anyone else been told similar, or just a pile of bull s**t?
29-07-2012 01:32pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
goverton

RE: Evoque Pure SD4 ordered Jan12, still no delivery date!

Is your dealer in the SK postcode?

I ordered in March with the expectation of a Sept 1st (ish) delivery. I checked in first week of May and was told I was 16th in the queue and they get around 10/month on their allocation - so i was expecting a July/August build. I have now been told i have a mid-September build date.

Not sure how these allocations work, but the wildly differing delivery times make me suspicious of the dealers!

G.
(This post was last modified: 29-07-2012 06:12pm by goverton.)
29-07-2012 06:10pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Contact member Nick at Land Rover,AKA Land Rover Customer Services and they are a member of the forum so you can PM them rather than email if you like.
To use the pMs on the forum though you ahve to have already made 5 posts so go and post a few smiley's or remarks on posts to get your post count up

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 29-07-2012 06:40pm by XFullFatTim.)
29-07-2012 06:39pm
WB
WB

I've heard the same about the factory holiday and that it's the switch over to the 2013 model year too.
29-07-2012 07:39pm
Barton Evoque

(29-07-2012 07:39pm)WB Wrote:  I've heard the same about the factory holiday and that it's the switch over to the 2013 model year too.
My dealer told me this as well on friday, so i know my pure will be a my13 being built on the 31st of August.only thing he could not confirm was the new colour which we are lead to believe is causeway grey which i might have switch to if i could have done.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
(This post was last modified: 29-07-2012 07:48pm by Barton Evoque.)
29-07-2012 07:48pm
WB
WB

(29-07-2012 07:48pm)Barton Evoque Wrote:  My dealer told me this as well on friday, so i know my pure will be a my13 being built on the 31st of August.only thing he could not confirm was the new colour which we are lead to believe is causeway grey which i might have switch to if i could have done.

Hi, I've had confirmation that unfortunately there is no new colour. The only colour change is a change to the shade of green which is a shame as I would definitely have gone for Causeway (or any darker grey) for my second Evoque.
30-07-2012 12:11pm
puresd4

(29-07-2012 06:10pm)goverton Wrote:  Is your dealer in the SK postcode?

I ordered in March with the expectation of a Sept 1st (ish) delivery. I checked in first week of May and was told I was 16th in the queue and they get around 10/month on their allocation - so i was expecting a July/August build. I have now been told i have a mid-September build date.

Not sure how these allocations work, but the wildly differing delivery times make me suspicious of the dealers!

G.

Thanks for your post. My dealer is in the PR post code area and they've told me today that the LR Order System says it is at 'Off assembly' status with expected delivery date of Wed 1/8/12. Fingers crossed the long wait is nearly over!
(29-07-2012 06:39pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Contact member Nick at Land Rover,AKA Land Rover Customer Services and they are a member of the forum so you can PM them rather than email if you like.
To use the pMs on the forum though you ahve to have already made 5 posts so go and post a few smiley's or remarks on posts to get your post count up

Thanks for your tip. Hopefully the ETA of 1/8/12 that the dealer told me today will happen.
(29-07-2012 07:39pm)WB Wrote:  I've heard the same about the factory holiday and that it's the switch over to the 2013 model year too.

Cheers, thanks for confirming!
(29-07-2012 07:48pm)Barton Evoque Wrote:  My dealer told me this as well on friday, so i know my pure will be a my13 being built on the 31st of August.only thing he could not confirm was the new colour which we are lead to believe is causeway grey which i might have switch to if i could have done.

Thanks for confirming. Hope you get the colour you want. Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 30-07-2012 02:08pm by puresd4.)
30-07-2012 01:27pm
puresd4

(29-07-2012 01:32pm)puresd4 Wrote:  We ordered our Evoque SD4 in January 2012 with an estimated Delivery date of 1/6/12. It was delayed until 18/7/12 but we had arranged to collect 29/7/12, on return from holiday. Whilst away we were told it wouldn't be completed on time due to lack of parts at LR Halewood factory. Dealer said LR won't tell them parts that aren't in stock! Also Dealer said if not completed by Sun 29/7/12 the car won't be completed until after 13/8/12 as the factory will be shut down for summer holidays. Anyone else been told similar, or just a pile of bull s**t?

Well it's now Wed 15/8/12 (7 months since ordered), still no delivery date and they've been back from their 2 week hols for 3 days now at Halewood factory. Even though the factory are back at work the LR Dealer and LR customer services aren't able to (or won't) tell me a new delivery date or even what parts are still to be fitted. Apparently it was at 'Off Assembly' status and a 'Priority' status over 3 weeks ago. I'm starting to feel like there is a cover up, LR are certainly not being straight with me! it sounds like the car's been damaged!

LR customer services said they will hopefully be able to give me some news on Friday 17/8/12 (a delivery date?) Question

Unfortunately LR have lost my trust and I'll be going over the car with a fine tooth comb if it ever arrives.
Very disappointed, it started as dream car, just hoping it doesn't turn in to a nightmare!Evil

Can anyone recommend a good car inspection service like RAC provide so I can get it checked out and reject the car if necessary?Rolling EyesQuestionMad:
15-08-2012 11:54pm
caroline11000

OMG that's an unbelievable amount of time you have had to wait! My second one was ordered in January and I got it end of March! I know some dealers have more allocations than others but that is taking the pi$$! Did you contact Nick at LR as Tim suggested? That is terrible service! Hope you get it sorted soon.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
16-08-2012 08:08am
puresd4

(16-08-2012 08:08am)caroline11000 Wrote:  OMG that's an unbelievable amount of time you have had to wait! My second one was ordered in January and I got it end of March! I know some dealers have more allocations than others but that is taking the pi$$! Did you contact Nick at LR as Tim suggested? That is terrible service! Hope you get it sorted soon.

Not contacted Nick yet, as it seemed unlikely that I would get any info due to the factory shutdown. I will see if he can help, I'm at the point of trying anything at the moment! Thanks for your reply, glad you are able to enjoy your Evoque.
16-08-2012 09:08am