Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Evoque 2.2 recall confirmed in Uk
RacingSnake

RE: Evoque 2.2 recall confirmed in Uk

(23-08-2013 02:24pm)Barton Evoque Wrote:  This is what showing for mine.

Outstanding Campaigns:
Q261 - ECO START STOP SYSTEM INOPERATIVE & VEHICLE SOFTWARE UPDATES
P033 - SPILL RAIL

Going in on 14th for 1st service so expect it to be sorted then.
I have these 2 showing too.
Will get on the phone now Smile

Some text for people wandering what its about:

Concern : FIRE MAY OCCUR
Description : It is possible that a leak can occur between the injector spill rail connection and the plastic fuel return pipe. This can cause leakage of fuel, which can either pool on the engine cylinder head and then become deposited onto the road surface where it could cause a skid risk to other motorist or if the fuel comes into contact with extremely hot engine components, an exhaust manifold for instance, it is possible that an under bonnet fire could ensue.

Remedial Action : Recall all affected vehicles, inspect the fuel spill rail/return pipe and if required replace the spill rail with a new modified rail.

Vehicle Id : SALVA1BC6CH639806 to SALVA2CE3DH816769
SALFA2CC5CH283941 to SALFA2DC5DH366379

Ok, booked in for next Tuesday - apparently only 4% of the 'affected range' will need the modified rail fitted. I don't know the circumstances which would cause it to fail though.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 02:52pm by RacingSnake.)
03-09-2013 02:37pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

(03-09-2013 02:37pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  Remedial Action : Recall all affected vehicles, inspect the fuel spill rail/return pipe and if required replace the spill rail with a new modified rail.

So, it's up to our wonderful dealer service departments to inspect and decide if they need replacement - gulp !

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
03-09-2013 03:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

From the Aus Recall notification site the way I read the details of the fault, it was assembly that could cause the issue, and then the connector to the spill rail would leak as the connector got damaged on assembly. So most will likely it'll just be checked and if it's not leaking nothing would be done, if it was damaged on assembly it would be seen to be leaking and it'll be replaced, if it's not been damaged it won't just start leaking.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
03-09-2013 03:32pm
RRSteve

It's mentioned on here also: http://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/...ins/89700b

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/...search.asp
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 04:11pm by RRSteve.)
03-09-2013 04:09pm
vcanals

I hope it does not go so bad....

Ordered July 10th 2012- Dynamic ed4 Man 5 dr / Style 6 alloys / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Solar attenuating glass / Pursuit leather / Heated seats /auto dimming rear view mirror / Spare wheel
Delivered November 6th 2012 Very Happy

[Image: 161592.png]
06-09-2013 08:12pm
WB
WB

does anyone with an auto have the following one or know why it would be showing up against an auto Evoque:

Q261 - ECO START STOP SYSTEM INOPERATIVE & VEHICLE SOFTWARE UPDATES
06-09-2013 08:37pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Yes, because the stop/start patch also has a Battery Monitoring System upgrade for the auto in the same update

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
06-09-2013 09:09pm
doug

(06-09-2013 08:12pm)vcanals Wrote:  I hope it does not go so bad....

This video Shocked
Where do I start
- he's washing around the front end with smoke from burning oil & plastic & he doesn't smell it!
- he opens the bonnet up, letting air feed the fire! (For the record, just release the catch & spray water though the gap).
- he very slowly removes his coat & bag from the car, opening & closeting the doors letting smoke fill the cabin!
- 3 minutes before he try's using a fire extinguisher!

At last after 5mins someone else has worked out that the fire is going on in a WASH BAY & uses the hose laying on the floor to cool down the engine, extinguishing the fire.Rolling Eyes

This car could have been saved. RIP now.....

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2013 09:26pm by doug.)
06-09-2013 09:20pm
Trapdoor

I just cannot believe what I watched ... he has a high-pressure water hose in his hand and he just doesn't use it. But eventually goes off to get a totally useless CO2 ext.

At the moment I never put my car straight into the under-house garage - it sits on the drive for an hour at least, until it's cooled down and had the chance that if the issue is present, it will burn on the drive not under the house. I have heat detectors in the garage but I don't want to have to destroy everything else that's in there and risk the house too.

Shouldn't have to worry about this sort of thing in an only just sub-£50k car.

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
06-09-2013 10:19pm
Wife's car

My Evoque is on the recall list, I called my dealer to ask about it on Saturday morning, and was told the service department would ring me back ASAP,needless to say they didn't bother, so Monday I rang again and was told that they would ring me back, guess what...they didn't bother, after another phone call I did get a call from them, the service department,didn't appear to know much about either recall, however they said that to check the spill rail and do the Eco stop start would take about one hour, which appears quite quick compared to others on here. It's nice to see that customer service is still poor.
09-09-2013 08:12pm