Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoqess one elated gal!
ant

RE: Evoqess one elated gal!

Nice one - like the wheels!!
Enjoy.
ANTLaughing

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
04-11-2011 07:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
M.I.B

Evoque and pics look great, and yes best choice of wheels Thumbs Up
04-11-2011 08:03pm
Tokenbod

Evokess! Most stunning photo's to date! You have made my day!

Sd4 Prestige COLIMA LIME couture interior 3 door Wink
04-11-2011 08:15pm
exigejoe

Congrats, looks like mines!

Lotus Exige (aspen white) with VF supercharger kit, 413hp, 366lb/ft
Range Rover Evoque in fuji white and almond/espresso interior
2013 Audi A7 3.0T supercharged
04-11-2011 08:33pm
Evoqess

(04-11-2011 07:42am)flurberman Wrote:  Smile Like you i'm moving from Audi to an Evoque. Have a TT roadster and an A5 convertible, love the TT so much couldn't bear to give it up so am trading in the A5. Be honest now, aren't you going to miss your TT...? It will be interesting to know if the Evoque brings as much joy and excitement as the TT,
long term. Both are very special cars.

Ah Fluberman, I thought some one might bring up my dearly departed TTS. I'm adding one of my favorite pics in tribute (also iPhone but with the Hipstamatic app that makes art from everyday scenes).
The TTS was a purchase from the heart, and if I had the means to have two vehicles of this pedigree I would have kept it. One pertinent point for me is that I live bang in the middle of a busy urban environment, and the TTS is a car that is best unleashed on a curvy, smooth and fast road. I used to fester inside as I sat at the traffic lights 80% of the time. Pure nirvana was discovered on the Pacific coastal highway of California during a most memorable road trip last summer - so much so it almost made me cry returning back to Vancouver.
I do think that if I lived in the land of wide open, quality roads and fair weather I might not have been tempted by the Evoque (so soon). The magnificent TTS made me feel like a very accomplished driver the way it handles - my passengers were never very comfortable. One even told me to slow down because she was getting nausea haha.
So your question - whether the RRE will bring as much joy and excitement as the Audi. Well the joy is on par already - and excitement? Maybe a variation, as I'll be going off road to places and seeing vistas of this great continent that the Audi just wouldn't have enabled me to. My Pure is a non-magneride so the handling test will have to wait on an out of town trip soon. My right foot has already discovered the satisfying SI4 responsiveness. Thanks for asking Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
05-11-2011 01:30am
benzina

You are great with that camera....another stunning photo. Nice TTS too, but like you said, apart from superb open road performance, the TTS can never give you the freedom to escape the maddening curbed city herd, like the Evoque can and will, and all the while,it has the performance capability of a hot hatch, yet it soooo much more....luxurious,classy,tough, and that amazing design language,that again,does NOT follow the herd.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
05-11-2011 02:55am
Ezandania

Congrats! I can imagine the week-long big grin already!!

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
05-11-2011 03:51am
Evoqess

(04-11-2011 10:57am)alibeau Wrote:  Stunning photos Very Happy Hope you enjoy every minute!

If you have any tips on how to receive an Evoque early, could you please pass them on Wink

Ali.

Hey Ali - thanks for the pic compliment - would you believe the images are just my iPhone and some nice lighting on an afternoon with sunshine, black clouds and on odd double rainbow!
I think my best tid pit for facilitating delivery was to not bother my salesperson at all over the last few months. Instead, just a polite email to ask about a VIN number earlier this week (once I knew a shipment had arrived) pushed me up the list for vehicles being PDIed! My saleswoman said she pulled a few strings. Being patient and pleasant worked in my favor. When you're vehicle arrives I bet your smile and level of satisfaction will be immense! Very Happy

Oh, and the comparisons to a premature delivery haha! Brilliant.
Yes, so true - all the waiting then whoosh. Must admit I was shell shocked because I was told my car was one of a bunch and to "wait for the call" which I thought might be up to a week. That call came without 36 hours then I was at the dealer within 2. I'm not sure my saleswoman had ever seen such an enthusiastic Range Rover customer. My excitement just overcame me as I rushed to the car like a child in a candy store. It looked stunning - Fuji is just the cleanest, purest white contrasted against the black plastic and privacy glass. Spectacular!
The sun was shining through the large dealership window panes onto my car - in Vancouver we don't see the sun that much at this time of the year and this added to the "experience" of the day. The delivery experience went well. My orientation was as thorough as necessary with the important points highlighted. I do think my saleswoman was aware of the fact that purchasing a new vehicle is an event some buyers will remember and she rose to the occasion with genuine excitement for me. She may have mentioned that Fuji white looked the best (about 3 times lol)!

Wanted to chat a bit more about the revelations and pleasure from my second afternoon of driving but the eyelids are weary from gazing at automotive perfection. Will post a bit more tomorrow.

Thanks again everyone for your positive feedback. The wait was made so much more bearable by the hours spent here! May your rides arrive soon and live up to your expectations as well!

(05-11-2011 02:55am)benzina Wrote:  You are great with that camera....another stunning photo. Nice TTS too, but like you said, apart from superb open road performance, the TTS can never give you the freedom to escape the maddening curbed city herd, like the Evoque can and will, and all the while,it has the performance capability of a hot hatch, yet it soooo much more....luxurious,classy,tough, and that amazing design language,that again,does NOT follow the herd.

And that is so well put Benzina! The Evoque offers freedom, stunning lines, luxury and the gentle essence of the hot hatch. And I must add, that all day the "herd" was taking notice! From the lads on the intersection corner pointing and smiling and the dude taking a picture with his smart phone. Very Happy

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2011 08:28am by Evoqess.)
05-11-2011 07:51am
mark_n

Yes, good news your car has arrived and I'm pleased you are enjoying it.

If being nice to your salesperson is a recipe for getting your car early, I don't stand a chance! I've made it clear on more than one occasion that I am not a happy camper.

Any excitement on collection day which he and I will feel will relate to the imminent severence of our mutual relationship and will be nothing to do with the car.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
05-11-2011 08:47am
ChuckieB

You are one very lucky person. Enjoy! while we toil in the frustration of our seemingly never ending wait!

Sorry but I can't help but be drawn back to your piccies? My, how N.A. Market (others too) cars can be let down by those.............number plates! A design detail failing on the part of the manufacturers me thinks.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
05-11-2011 04:09pm