Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
End of term report - 14391 miles
Straydox

End of term report - 14391 miles

I've just watched my Evoque, the car I waited 6 months to arrive, get driven off by Manheim to go to auction having been bought back from the leasing company by LR some 10 months later. It was a Friday car - yes it truly was built on a Friday too - the unresolved rattle saga is well documented elsewhere on here so I won't go on about it again.

I liked the Evoque a lot, amazing style and head-turning looks, especially in Mauritius Blue, excellent seats - probably the best automotive chairs I've sat in since the Saab 95 Aero (high praise indeed). The Evoque's handling was more hot hatch than 4X4 SUV and raised many a grin - the 825w Meridian hifi was simply the best ever and that manual gearbox is a peach too.

There were downsides of course, the noisy, rough 4 pot diesel makes a black cab taxi seem quite refined and fuel economy got worse with miles rather than better - 37mpg average isn't good enough these days either. The Satnav became a subject of much frustration - I've likened it to getting your partner to read a map when they have got out of the wrong side of bed in the morning.. everything is 5 seconds too late and it's still wrong. Dimwitted would be terribly polite.

The Evoque is a fantastic car and LR so very nearly got it spot-on too. I live in hope that maybe they will address the shortcomings in the not too distant future. For myself rather than re-enter the company scheme I've bought a little car to run around in and will keep an eye open for some good news on the LR front including realistic pricing.

This board has been a excellent source of information and many great members too, thanks for the support, advice and encouragement - I'll hang around for a bit if that's OK.....

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
04-02-2013 03:56pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: End of term report - 14391 miles

Straydox,

Good points, however, I've never found my 2.2SD4 noisy, I have driven many diesels and this one (mine) is well insulated.

Will you be getting another RRE or something else?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
04-02-2013 10:48pm
Straydox

Thanks, it was a Friday car after all.

I'd like another RRE - in fact that was a condition of the LR buyback for the lease company (well actually any LR/Jaguar vehicle) however the rise in list price and softening 3 year residual value projections are affecting both lease and PCP quotes. The dealer has become very tardy about getting quotes out and I wonder if I've managed to get 'customer from hell status' and I'm now on the avoid list.....

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
05-02-2013 11:03am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

There are other dealers Straydox, HGG Corporate for instance or Lookers Park Royal both have great sales teams behind them and I'm sure they would be more helpful than the crowd you are dealing with........... Even if both companies are in London, they probably have more competition than than your dealer and have to be on the ball.

Hope you will continue to post here with your experience ad tell us about your new wheels

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 11:13am by XFullFatTim.)
05-02-2013 11:12am