Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Electric Tailgate & Ventlock
MrH

Electric Tailgate & Ventlock

Friends of ours have a bRR like the ventlock I have on the D4 and are contemplating getting one for their bRR. But we weren't sure if the electric tailgate would throw a paddy because it's stopped short of the normal closed position?

Anyone tried it?

TIA,

MrH
30-06-2013 04:44pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Crimdog

RE: Electric Tailgate & Ventlock

What's a vent lock? Sorry Smile
30-06-2013 11:38pm
cjfp

The wonders of Google

http://www.ventlock.com/tailgatelock.php

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
01-07-2013 07:13am
scrannel

Aside from the obvious issue of CO being sucked up into the car and killing everyone, looks like a great way to lose stuff out the back. Hey, but if you're dead... you can't take it with you. And BTW, if this is supposed to make life easier on hot days for pets while parked, unlikely. Just don't leave your dog in the car.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2013 02:03pm by scrannel.)
01-07-2013 02:01pm
cjfp

(01-07-2013 02:01pm)scrannel Wrote:  Aside from the obvious issue of CO being sucked up into the car and killing everyone, looks like a great way to lose stuff out the back. Hey, but if you're dead... you can't take it with you. And BTW, if this is supposed to make life easier on hot days for pets while parked, unlikely. Just don't leave your dog in the car.

I really dont think its a 'whilst driving' thing but, hey, i wouldnt put it past some people.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
01-07-2013 05:07pm
MrH

(01-07-2013 05:07pm)cjfp Wrote:  I really dont think its a 'whilst driving' thing but, hey, i wouldnt put it past some people.

Banging Head thanks CJFP. Sorry, I forgot there might be yanks reading this and hence forgot to add the cover all forty pages of cover my Censored legal shit to compensate for lack of common sense. FFS Rolling Eyes
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2013 05:37pm by MrH.)
01-07-2013 05:35pm
scrannel

(01-07-2013 05:35pm)MrH Wrote:  Banging Head thanks CJFP. Sorry, I forgot there might be yanks reading this and hence forgot to add the cover all forty pages of cover my Censored legal shit to compensate for lack of common sense. FFS Rolling Eyes

You want to bet there aren't enough idiots out there -- never mind where they come from -- who are going to end up doing just that? But one doesn't lock dogs in a car for extended periods, no matter what. IMHO, this looks like the typical, dumb, shade-tree "mechanic" idea. And apparently, in the UK where thieves aren't particularly nimble, there's no issue. You leave your car like that in So. Ca. and it's gone... unless the dogs are real big.

But let's be fair Mr. H. Have yourself locked in the back with Ventlock in place, on a hot summer day -- wearing a fur coat (let's be fair) -- and maybe a bowl of water and do report back.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2013 05:51pm by scrannel.)
01-07-2013 05:50pm
MrH

(01-07-2013 05:50pm)scrannel Wrote:  But let's be fair Mr. H. Have yourself locked in the back with Ventlock in place, on a hot summer day -- wearing a fur coat (let's be fair) -- and maybe a bowl of water and do report back.

Scrannel, I don't believe that anywhere in my posts have I endorsed or suggested leaving a dog in the car on hot days. In fact, that for me just comes down to common sense and anyone with an ounce of common sense knows leaving dogs is a car in hot weather is ludicrous and not done.

However, there are situations where its useful to be able to keep the dogs in the car (in our case 3 German Shepherds) in their locked transport cage and provide more ventilation whilst still allowing you the secure the car, and yes leaving the car tailgate open with a ventlock can be seen as a security risk, but again common sense should dictate when it's use is not advisable.
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2013 06:50pm by MrH.)
01-07-2013 06:03pm
Bowl

The "soft close" function of the powered tailgate will pull the tailgate close when the gap is about 6 inches or less. If you want to use this thing, you'll need to leave it wider than 6 inches.

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
01-07-2013 08:22pm
MrH

Great, thanks for the info.
01-07-2013 08:34pm