Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Electric Seat options
DefLeppard

Electric Seat options

Hi All,

I'm in Australia - so our options might be different, but does anyone understand what is meant by
6/4 and 8/4 electric seats. I've asked 2 dealers and neither can tell me what functions I would get on a pure with the electric seat upgrade package.

I am planning on ordering a Pure, with a Pure tech pack and adding the Electric seats option.
What I am after is the drivers seat cushion tilt - mainly to tilt the front of the cushion up so it is higher than the back.

The Prestige says it comes with 8/4 electric, while the Dynamic says it comes with 6/4.
Do I assume the Pure tech pack with electric seats gets a dynamic 6/4 electric seat, and if so, does anyone know if this has seat cushion tilt?

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
25-11-2011 12:57am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiggy

RE: Electric Seat options

I believe the Pure comes with a 6/4 - however not sure if it includes the cushion tilt.

However the seats are actually quite comfortable - i.e. the standard seats - and the driving position is quite comfortable - not sure if you really do need a cushion tilt.

I know what you mean and I have it on my GTI and it does feel comfortable and makes you feel like your legs can just relax - but after test driving the evoques - I didn't really feel like the cushion part was an issue - it was a very comfortable drive.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
25-11-2011 04:16am
DefLeppard

(25-11-2011 04:16am)chiggy Wrote:  I believe the Pure comes with a 6/4 - however not sure if it includes the cushion tilt.

However the seats are actually quite comfortable - i.e. the standard seats - and the driving position is quite comfortable - not sure if you really do need a cushion tilt.

I know what you mean and I have it on my GTI and it does feel comfortable and makes you feel like your legs can just relax - but after test driving the evoques - I didn't really feel like the cushion part was an issue - it was a very comfortable drive.

Hi Chiggy,
Thanks for the reply.
Yeah I did find the seats comfortable, but I just find because of my height, and when wearing high heels, my knees are alot higher than my hips, and i like to be able to tilt the front of the seat up to support under my thighs.

Maybe just a tall girl in heels issue Smile

(I also like the pushed back in the seat feeling, cause the way I drive, I do break often and forcefully, its nice to be held in your seat without slipping forward out of it!)

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

25-11-2011 04:27am
chiggy

ahhh I get what you mean - not that I'm a girl in heels... but I understand your dilemma haha!

In that case I'm not entirely sure about it - I'm sure it'll be a quick call to another dealer! gd luck though!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
25-11-2011 06:03am
berlin2011

Only Prestige has tilt - see http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Heigher-p...7#pid23597

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
25-11-2011 08:04am
B.Noying

Fortunately, you can simply shim the front of seat up as much as 1/2" or so before you need longer front bolts. It is really unusual and unfortunate that a car at this price point does not have fully adjustable seats.

I'm tall (but don't wear high heels) and while I love the head and leg room I found the seat back so miserable that I had to have it altered for the vehicle to be usable. Many manufacturers make seats which are comfortable for both short and tall people. Don't know why Range Rover, Audi or BMW can't do it.
03-12-2011 08:22am
DefLeppard

(03-12-2011 08:22am)B.Noying Wrote:  Fortunately, you can simply shim the front of seat up as much as 1/2" or so before you need longer front bolts. It is really unusual and unfortunate that a car at this price point does not have fully adjustable seats.

I'm tall (but don't wear high heels) and while I love the head and leg room I found the seat back so miserable that I had to have it altered for the vehicle to be usable. Many manufacturers make seats which are comfortable for both short and tall people. Don't know why Range Rover, Audi or BMW can't do it.

Thanks - when my car arrives - (Hopefully April/May) I will be back on here asking just exactly how I do that Smile

03-12-2011 09:56am
Ezandania

Repeating my question from the other thread: Dynamic Plus has 8/8 adjustments (+ memory) for both driver and passenger?

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
03-12-2011 12:38pm
item

(03-12-2011 12:38pm)Ezandania Wrote:  Repeating my question from the other thread: Dynamic Plus has 8/8 adjustments (+ memory) for both driver and passenger?

Hi Ezandania,
on the configurator, when i look description of the 8/8 adjustements seat, he says : passenger and driver.
memory function only for driver.

Regards

TD4 Auto Dynamics Fuji White. (May 2012) -> 07/2012
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2011 12:52pm by item.)
03-12-2011 12:51pm