Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ebay Roof Rails
scalle

RE: Ebay Roof Rails

held togheter??? what did happen at 100mph?
pics please Smile

(25-09-2012 03:41am)jrowan Wrote:  Here's how I put my rails to use this past weekend. Everything held together just fine up to at least 80mph Very Happy

[Image: photo 1.JPG]

[Image: photo 2.JPG]

[Image: photo 3.JPG]

[Image: photo 4.JPG]

RRE TD4 Prestige 4WD AUT, santorini black, element interior, tech pack, cold climate pack, pano roof, privacy glass, brushed alu, auto high beam assist, airco vents rear, auto dim mirror, camera, home link, 20" style 7, 18" spare, debugged, roof rails,replaced side vents, grille in glossy black and center cap wheels with RR, black lettering
Also stunning Fiat 500 Cabrio GUCCI edition, black/gold metallic, and red Fiat Panda 1992 selecta (var. transmission).
08-04-2013 07:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeemerBoy

(08-04-2013 09:58am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The crossbars are removable but the longitudinal side rails they mount on are not meant to be. TBH the side rails are hardly noticable and don't make any additional noise or cause higher fuel consumption. I leave the cross bars off when they aren't in use.

yeah I know - but i'm finicky and don't like the look of them from the outside, but then I have a coupe and thule don't offer a temporary option :-/

SD4 - Orkney Grey - Dynamic Coupe Lux: ebony leather, style 8, black panoramic roof, satin brushed and gloss black interior, aeroflip, adaptive xenons
08-04-2013 08:24pm
Ratpack

(02-09-2012 03:20am)o3zone Wrote:  Thanks Jason. That's very interesting. I'm actually in Los Gatos so not far away. Did you do the install yourself? And did you end up getting the black or silver rails? I noticed that the black rails come with black cross bars - an option that Land Rover does not have. Would love to see a pic if you have one!

Hey everyone! New owner Fuji White Dynamic......love the car four months now. I bought the eBay rails but the covers that slide over to cover the bolts, don't fit flush....in the rear especially. Has anyone else experienced this?
Thanks
Steve

Hey everyone! New owner Fuji White Dynamic......love the car four months now. I bought the eBay rails but the covers that slide over to cover the bolts, don't fit flush....in the rear especially. Has anyone else experienced this?
Thanks
Steve
(This post was last modified: 13-05-2013 06:33am by Ratpack.)
13-05-2013 06:31am
BA74

Hi all,
Looking at wrapping my car and want to take the strips where the rails go off, wrap them and put them back on.
How do you take them off and then can you put back on easily?
Thanks in advance...

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
22-05-2013 11:36am
rvakia

Just bought the roof rails + cross bars off ebay and i had to say that they are good enough - not exactly perfect but will do. The fitting is not perfect and will need a lot of patience in putting the plastic covers where rails mate to the roof. Seller has been ok to deal with as there was a bit of a dent on the crossbar locks and he offered to replace it. I just bought Thule locks locally instead. here is mine after the install:

[Image: 8760262662_9f1ebe8dfc_b.jpg]
First MTB ride for 2013 by rvakia, on Flickr
24-05-2013 04:51pm
Fromkrypton

I just got a set of eBay roof rails. Mine did not come with the bolts that secure the brackets to the roof. Did you guys get them with your eBay set? Mine only came with the ones to bolt the bars themselves to the brackets.

Got really ticked off that now I have to figure out the right size bolt and go to the hardware store. Had to put everything back together for now.

Thanks for any input
14-04-2015 02:30am
lr_evoque

(13-05-2013 06:31am)Ratpack Wrote:  
Thanks
Steve

In my case the front ones don't cover the inside rail footing . The outside covers well and back too . The seller did give me a second set of all plastic pieces but they seem identical. I figure I will replace when mine break.

2015 Range Rover Evoque Pure-Tech SD4
- Fuji White with Ebony Interior, ClearView Pack, HDD Navigation, Panoramic sunroof, Privacy glass
02-05-2015 09:26am
HotLap

(20-09-2012 12:39pm)Neo Wrote:  Yup, I bought the Thule rail system already but haven't mounted them on yet. The reason why I wanted to change to the this rail system is bc I wanted the roof to be wrapped in black vinyl. However it is not recommended as the Thule unit will scratch the vinyl and tear it. I was planning to sell the Thule racks then buy this eBay roof rails and then be able to get the roof wrapped in vinyl. Am I crazy with this logic??? Otherwise I prob forget about the roof wrap and just use the Thule racks instead?

Neo, I too have the THULE set up and I like to be able to remove and have a clean, drag free roofline. I have bike, kayak and SUP fitting for my Thule system and really like it. Was on the pricy side but quality and should give me many years of trouble free use! Do you know of Thule crossbar accessories will fit the OEM rack system, just curious...

2015 Evoque Prestige in Santorini Black with Ivory/Espresso interior
07-05-2015 09:16pm