Poll: Please take part in the poll as I would like to see if there is enough demand for this configuration to go to Land Rover with the request.
If the Dynamic version was available with the Ambience or Element interior it would be my preferred choice.
If the Dynamic version was available with the Ambience or Element interior I would consider it.
I happy with the choices currently available
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dynamic with light interior ( Ambience or Element)
Blackseries

Dynamic with light interior ( Ambience or Element)

It seems like I’m not the only one that likes the look of the Dynamic version externally but would like a light coloured interior like Ambience or Element (I’m just fed up with black interiors!) When the dealer places the order for a car there is one code for the model i.e. Dynamic and one code of the interior. As Ambience or Element codes already exist it shouldn’t be too much of an issue to create the car using the two existing codes.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
25-03-2011 12:32am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Firebird

RE: Dynamic with light interior ( Ambience or Element)

I would like to see some of the Dynamic interiors in the Prestige. Or more combinations of lighter colours. Right now you have have Ivory with Espresso, or Light grey with Ebony, etc. Would like to see Almond with Ebony etc.

Cheers
25-03-2011 01:54am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The problem when you order it is not the order codes but the computerised comfigurator that dealers will be using - it will be set up so that a Dynamic can only be ordered with the colour combos that the computer is programmed with.

According to the info I have the Dynamic is available with interiors called Vortex (Ebony/ebony), Verve (ebony/Pimento), Energy (Savannah/Lunar) or Pursuit (Lunar/Ivory) - to me Savannah would be brownish or tan but it is pale green by the look of it! and Lunar is dove grey so there are 2 lighter interiors available for the Dynamic - it is only the Plus pack interior that is limited to Velocity (Black/Black) or Agility (Ebony/Pimento) - take a look at some of the pics on the LR website were you can sort of build your car and you will see these colour schemes.
I have an all ivory with ebony piping interior at the moment - never ever again - looks beautiful, but it's a nightmare to keep clean!
[Image: 72cafbab.jpg]
[Image: b379efce.jpg]
[Image: 247e175f.jpg]

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 25-03-2011 11:37am by XFullFatTim.)
25-03-2011 11:28am
Blackseries

(25-03-2011 11:28am)FullFatTim Wrote:  Dynamic can only be ordered with the colour combos that the computer is programmed with.
I hope (if there's enough demand) to get them to change what the computer will allow – I’ve managed it before with VW & Mercedes

(25-03-2011 11:28am)FullFatTim Wrote:  Energy (Savannah/Lunar) to me Savannah would be brownish or tan but it is pale green
This colour combo is primarily designed to go with Colima Lime (yes its green!) It was on the show car at Geneva. The Luna it comes with is very dark grey. I'm sure if you asked the man in street what colour it was most would say black. It’s not until you see it next to a black interior that you realise it’s not quite that dark .. but from what I’ve seen at Paris & Geneva Lunar is not what you would call a light colour.

(25-03-2011 11:28am)FullFatTim Wrote:  Pursuit (Lunar/Ivory)-

This is really the only light-ish interior in the Dynamic - but in reality when you are sitting in the car (ie on the white bits of the seats) everything you will be looking at will be very dark grey – not what I would consider a typical Range Rover interior.

I appreciate light interiors are difficult to keep clean but I used to have a FFRRSC with ivory interior and after a good valet it always looked a million dollars - I was always amazed how good it looked. I probably won’t be using the Evoque to take stuff down to the tip...... so it should get quite a gentle life.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
27-03-2011 12:42pm
Blackseries

Just noticed at 18 - 20 seconds in, a Dynamic Plus interior in Ivory. That would have been my ideal choice.

02-05-2011 10:16am
Kermit

It would be great to be able to order any combination of interior and accessories, but manufacturers need to be able to build/deliver vehicles in the most efficient manor they can. Buyers are basically fickle and if they can't purchase what they want in a relative short period of time they move on to something else and the sale is lost. This is why the manufacturer decides what goes with what; to try and shorten the logistics chain. They make these decisions based on past sales data, buyer feedback, and study groups.

There will always be small numbers of buyers that wish they could get another combination from the available range, and some manufacturers offer a customisation service to satisfy them.
(02-05-2011 10:16am)Blackseries Wrote:  

Great video. Check out part 1 Just listen to the the list of what is involved in "making a car" 0:45-1:21.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2011 01:44am by Kermit.)
03-05-2011 01:41am
ant

(02-05-2011 10:16am)Blackseries Wrote:  Just noticed at 18 - 20 seconds in, a Dynamic Plus interior in Ivory. That would have been my ideal choice.

Me too - I love those seats but I don't want a red or black interior and I don't want grained or perforated leather, so I've ordered Prestige with Ambience. Wish I could get those Dynamic Plus seats though.
ANTVery HappyVery Happy

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
03-05-2011 02:02pm