Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Duel View Screen
musher

Duel View Screen

Does any one know by ordering the duel view screen, does this also give you the tv option as well as £600 odd seems alot of money just for a different screen than the normal one. Also with the tv option fitted, would having the duel view screen allow the passenger to watch tv whilst the car is in motion or can the tv only be viewed when the car is stoppedConfused:

MY 14 Fuji 5 Door Dynamic SD4 9 Speed Auto Box with pano roof, auto boot, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Privacy glass, Mud Flaps, Bonnet/Boot black Lettering and 5 year service plan thrown in for good measure
19-12-2011 11:40am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Coolbanana

RE: Duel View Screen

I have the dual view and TV - passenger can watch TV while I'm seeing the SatNav on the move. Both of us can watch TV if the car is stationary and in park however.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
19-12-2011 11:52am
musher

Thanks,

What's the TV reception like on the move and did you have to order both options seperatly, or did the tv come with the duel screen??

MY 14 Fuji 5 Door Dynamic SD4 9 Speed Auto Box with pano roof, auto boot, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Privacy glass, Mud Flaps, Bonnet/Boot black Lettering and 5 year service plan thrown in for good measure
19-12-2011 11:54am
Coolbanana

Hi, I have the Lux pack so it was included - dunno about ordering separately.

Picture quality appears to be not so great on analogue but providing digital is available it is fine. I've not tested it much though so can't be sure of how often it might lose signal but I can tell you that the digital reception in my area doesn't work on my driveway or garage but picks up as soon as I'm driving down the road!

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
(This post was last modified: 19-12-2011 12:24pm by Coolbanana.)
19-12-2011 12:21pm
vision*R

Outside of the UK the dual screen option is not linked to the tv option. Without tv there's still dvd's / USB video to be played and the dual screen also gives you a wireless headphone for the passenger. Not sure how it's like in the UK, but it's true that dual screen is an expensive option when specced separately.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
19-12-2011 12:26pm
Big Dave

I have dual view and TV. My passenger can see the TV regardless of what im seeing (NAV, Home Screen etc) and for some reason I am able to view full screen TV as long as I don't exceed 5mph. It comes in very handy in traffic jams.

It's also possible for a passenger to view tv and listen to the TV audio via the headphones, while I have music on playing through the speakers.

2.0 Si4 Dynamic 5Dr Auto, Fuji White, Lux Pack, Dynamic Plus Pack, 20" Chrome Shadow Alloys, etc etc etc
(This post was last modified: 19-12-2011 05:38pm by Big Dave.)
19-12-2011 05:35pm
Steve @ Lookers Park Royal

Hi Musher,

The Dual View and Analogue/digital television are two separate options at £600 and £510 respectively

Hope this helps

Steve
19-12-2011 06:51pm