Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Driving the Evoque
Crabacle

Driving the Evoque

Went on the experience day today and picked up some great tips:

1) drive it with hill descent option on all of the time - uses no more fuel and is a great safety feature;

2) when not doodling along - effectively knock it into manual mode and use the paddles - no lag on overtaking - but after 10 seconds with no change it resorts back to full automatic.

3) when in any doubt at all, knock it into Sport mode - that way the automatic override kick in doesn't happen unless you tell it to - lets you use the paddles properly to control the gears.

4) use the engine rather than the brakes - the car is better at stopping and being safe that you are - don't be afraid to use the different settings.

Feel free to add your own findings - its a great car when driven properly!

Loved it before - love it more now!
31-08-2012 11:41pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jai

Driving the Evoque

Use the engine to brake instead of the brakes?? You do realise they use the brakes in all the safety systems not the engine right? "Use your $10,000 engine instead of $1000 brakes". I know what I'd rather be wearing out !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
01-09-2012 02:59am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

RE: Driving the Evoque

I take it you mean gears to help in slowing down, but brakes to stop.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
01-09-2012 12:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Crabacle

RE: Driving the Evoque

(01-09-2012 12:35pm)doug Wrote:  I take it you mean gears to help in slowing down, but brakes to stop.

Exactly. But with the hill descent in many instances leave off the brakes completely - the car will do it all for you.

Regarding the previous post - thats what he car is built for - go on the off road day and find out.
01-09-2012 12:50pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply