Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Drivers Seat Comfort
M.I.B

RE: Drivers Seat Comfort

Exactly the same problem that i have in my Prestige Manual, it feels like the seat squab side bolsters protrude into my leg, covered about 1100 miles now in 4weeks and just cant get comfy.

My longest trip was 260 miles and had to stop twice due to the seat being so uncomfortable, my FL2 was a lot more comfy.

I think what Bogstomper was on about is that you can tilt the front of the seat squab also, rather than just make the squab go up and down.
01-11-2011 08:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bogstomper

OK - imagine the driver's seat of a RHD car viewed from the right side of the car with the door open - the outline of the seat is an "L" shape and the adjustment buttons on the side of the seat form the same pattern? The one I'm referring to is horizontal to represent the base of the seat - push it towards the front of the car and the seat moves forward, pull it towards the back, the seat moves back.

I'd understood that if you pull the bottom right of that button upwards (the bottom end of the L so as to indicate the front part of the bit of the seat you sit on - which supports the thighs), then that part of the seat can be raised towards the roof? Pushing it down should move it down - effectively altering the angle of the base. Raising or lowering the back part of the same button raises or lowers the back part of the bit you sit on (where one's ar5e goes! Wink ).

On the prestige (standard seats albeit different leather to the dynamic), the front of that horizontal bar can be raised or lowered - but not on my Dynamic?

sorry, it's hard to explain in words! Hope that makes it a little clearer
01-11-2011 08:37pm
DynamicRRV

Arghhh I get it now..............I think the Prestige may do that but not the Dynamic for some reason....the same as the Prestige passenger seats has height adjustment but not the Dynamic.Its LR way of giving with one hand and taking with the other so to speak.
01-11-2011 08:44pm
bogstomper

Thanks MIB - spot on, squab is the word I was looking for! I found this in the pdf of the manual - adjustment numbered 6 here is the one I'm after...!

01-11-2011 08:48pm
Calef

I wish my Evoque pure had the seat tilt too! Also I REALLY wish the head rest angle was adjustable. It feels like it is pushing my head too far forward! I just want to adjust the angle back!
22-02-2012 09:16pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I have the Lux seats and they are superbly comfortable - more comfortable than my last FFRR's which were too flat for me. Regarding the front of the seat squab, on mine it adjusts.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 22-02-2012 10:32pm by XFullFatTim.)
22-02-2012 10:30pm
ChuckieB

(22-02-2012 09:16pm)Calef Wrote:  I wish my Evoque pure had the seat tilt too! Also I REALLY wish the head rest angle was adjustable. It feels like it is pushing my head too far forward! I just want to adjust the angle back!

Yes even with the prestige seats, it would help my wife to be able to angle the headrest back away from her although I have told her she needs to spend more time getting herself settled. She needs to move squab forward more and then tilt the back of the seat so the headrest isn't tilted forward. I haven't just paid £10 short of £40k for a car with fully adjustable memory seats to have to accept she still can't get a comfortable driving positionRolling Eyes

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
22-02-2012 10:51pm
dandavis1

I find the pedals to be a little far forward and so do find my shin gets quite tired. I have even found myself using cruise in a 30 to give my leg a rest.
22-02-2012 11:21pm
Big G

Have the seat adjustment on mine and all is very comfy - no probs to date.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
22-02-2012 11:58pm