Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Driver seat adjustment
Robsie71

Driver seat adjustment

Might seem like a weird question but do all driver seats with electric memory adjustment raise up and down at the front of the seat. Just bought an approved used Evoque and the bottom adjust moves forward and back fine, lifts up and down at the back of the seat but doesn't adjust the front to lift/dip the front as the manual States.

Just wanted to check before I go to the dealer to fix?

Thanks
29-02-2016 11:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nickj

RE: Driver seat adjustment

Could be wrong but isn't it the same oblong button you are using to lower the back? The back of the oblong button lowers the back and the front of the button lowers/ raises the front?
01-03-2016 11:19am
Robsie71

(01-03-2016 11:19am)Nickj Wrote:  Could be wrong but isn't it the same oblong button you are using to lower the back? The back of the oblong button lowers the back and the front of the button lowers/ raises the front?

Thanks for the reply - yes exactly that - is that standard on electric seats. Mine only goes up/down at the back not the front (button doesnt move at the front)
01-03-2016 01:31pm
Nickj

Mine does work as described and back and frint work of same button. Cant be sure, about differnt specs though, but I would of thought it strange to have a spec that did half the job!
01-03-2016 06:34pm
MrBeem

Driver seat adjustment

I think it can be, I saw that in a previous RRS model and if my memory serves me right the RRE I test driven at the dealers (2015) had only back of the seat adjusted. MY RRE 2016 with standard seats has both front and back adjusted.
04-03-2016 07:11am
mstraka

Your non-adjustable front tilt of the seat is just like my Evoque (2013 'Pure' coupe model) I also contacted the dealer and was told that the 'Pure' model doesn't have this front tilt feature even though its mentioned in the owner's manual. I've found numerous instances where features of the higher priced models are listed in the manual with no note that they are exclusive to the more expensive models.
04-03-2016 04:38pm
Beats

I have the same issue. No base tilt. Didn't realise I wasn't getting it. The seat doesn't support my leg at all and I'm constantly having to lift it off the accelerator, after 10 mins I can no longer drive the car unless I put a jumper under my leg. Big disappointment. Even our crap old renault was better.
11-03-2016 12:56am