Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Door resprayed
Kentboy

RE: Door resprayed

(23-09-2012 10:12pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The problem for the painter is getting the micatallic particles in the paint laying in the same direct as those of the original paint, that will be very very difficult to achieve and I think you may end up with a door that always looks resprayed

Big Cry

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
23-09-2012 10:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
x5pea

(23-09-2012 10:12pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The problem for the painter is getting the micatallic particles in the paint laying in the same direct as those of the original paint, that will be very very difficult to achieve and I think you may end up with a door that always looks resprayed
yeah cause the LR paint finish is rubbish and the door wills stick out like a sore thumb LaughingLaughing

I look at thousand of cars every year mate and a partial paint will always be noticeable in some way or other. Having said that 99\% of people don't have a clue so its likely to never be noticed. I do sympathise as small mismatches chips, scratches in my own car annoy me no end.
Hopefully the painter will get it right second time, not many would give it a second go.
23-09-2012 10:19pm
J77

When I had the D3, some little retard took a key along my two passenger side doors, took it to Stratstone Perth as Stratstone Cupar didn't do body repairs. Like yourself I was concerned that the colour (cairns blue) wouldn't match, so asked them how noticeable it would be and they said zero, he explained the painter would blend it into the creases of the body work (very hard on a car that has flat sides) and would do the full doors. The car was away 3 days and I take my hat off to the person who worked on the car a credit to his profession, I couldn't see any difference in the paint finishes. I think sometimes it depends on the effort care that the repairer puts in.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
24-09-2012 12:18pm
Richieleo

J77 - Couldn't agree more!

Dynamic // Si4 // 5 door // Mauritius Blue // Black Roof // Vortex Interior // 20" Style 6 Wheels // Front & Rear Parking Aid// Auto Dim r.view mirror//voice control//hdd nav//load retention system.
24-09-2012 12:20pm
Kentboy

Took it back to the spray shop today and they are keen to put the blemishes right which they say are caused by my GTechniq C1 protective coating that can cause problems when it doesn't all come off when they use truck wash to clean the paintwork before painting. Looks as though I will always have the slight difference in paintwork I can currently see in the sunlight though.

Oh dear not a happy bunny overall. Sad

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
24-09-2012 09:23pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

So if you don't want future respray hassles don't use GTechniq on your car?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
24-09-2012 09:28pm
doug

IPA will remove a coating of C1

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
24-09-2012 09:37pm
speary

It is possible to get a perfect repair on metallic/pearlescent finishes. I had the rear wing replaced on my previous A5. It was done by an audi approved bodyshop and the paint finish was immaculate and undetectable, even through a magnifying glass. The metallic particle density was the same as the other side of the car and it also looke the same in all lighting conditions.
Go back and get them to put it right or take it to somebody who knows what they are doing. You dont have to live with the problem

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
25-09-2012 01:19pm
Kentboy

(25-09-2012 01:19pm)speary Wrote:  It is possible to get a perfect repair on metallic/pearlescent finishes. I had the rear wing replaced on my previous A5. It was done by an audi approved bodyshop and the paint finish was immaculate and undetectable, even through a magnifying glass. The metallic particle density was the same as the other side of the car and it also looke the same in all lighting conditions.
Go back and get them to put it right or take it to somebody who knows what they are doing. You dont have to live with the problem

Thanks and I may well take it somewhere else. I am still hurting inside as its only a couple of months old and I am not sure I will be able to live with it. The problem I will have is that the spray shop I have used looks to be top notch and I have every confidence in them. What if I take it somewhere else and it's comes back worse than it is now!!!!!

25-09-2012 07:25pm
The Valeter

(25-09-2012 07:25pm)Kentboy Wrote:  Thanks and I may well take it somewhere else. I am still hurting inside as its only a couple of months old and I am not sure I will be able to live with it. The problem I will have is that the spray shop I have used looks to be top notch and I have every confidence in them. What if I take it somewhere else and it's comes back worse than it is now!!!!!

This could well be the problem as I have seen when valeting customers cars, some are so bad that I could have done a better job with a rattle can! Mechspray I do know are award winning painters & I guess we are all human & can't be 100% perfect all the time.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
25-09-2012 10:31pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply