Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Discounts & Freebies
Spiderman

Discounts & Freebies

I thought it might assist all if I started a forum about new Evoque order discounts...so what discount % did you receive and did you get any freebies thrown in, such as mud flaps, 4x4 days, upgraded carpet mats, load bay protectors, paint protection, seat covers, etc, etc...

One blogger mentioned they achieved a 6% discount off their new Evoque....for a new in-demand car I found this to be most unusual, so remember to confirm the Dealership you achieved the discount or freebie from so we can all use this info to negotiate our Evoques prices down and achieve the best possible deal...

Please keep to the topic...

Thanks....

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
(This post was last modified: 21-09-2011 02:42am by Spiderman.)
21-09-2011 02:35am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

RE: Discounts & Freebies

I will start it off, I got zip, but as a result of the dealer not being able to add up correctly Smile I saved about $2,000 AUD or 1,300 GBP

I will hit them up for a few freebies once the car comes through.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 21-09-2011 03:30am by Barneyridge.)
21-09-2011 03:29am
occlusion

Hi Barneyridge,
Where did you order your Evoque in Sydney? Mine is at Trivette ,Alexandria. How much discount or saving did you get from the dealer?

On order, Dynamic SD4 , Auto.....plus lots of extras!
21-09-2011 05:24am
Charlie
No Longer Registered

The poster with the discount wasn't in the UK and for the rest of us any freebies was a non starter either. I'd give it a couple of years.

With the very greatest respect Spiderman I think at the moment on this forum you're quite unique in that you already had a good relationship with your dealer and then gone on to buy three Evoques. A vast number of us are not in that position and are new to the brand. At the moment with the current 'difficulties' most of us will just be pleased to get what we've ordered.

I'm in two minds about this thread. Don't get me wrong, freebie and discount should be my middle names but if I have or will negotiate anything with my dealer (who happens to be the site sponsor) I don't think it will help anyone on here if I broadcast it. If another customer asks for what I've received and is refused then that causes contempt all round. 18 months to 2 years down the line and it's a different story.

All this is my opinion and nothing personal Spiderman. Personally I think you're a great asset to the forum and value your opinion on your new toys especially of your account of ADs.
(This post was last modified: 21-09-2011 08:41am by Charlie.)
21-09-2011 07:51am
Rootsboy

as i already mentioned in another thread, my dealer let me know about some free packs that was on offer for a short time in spain. about 2000 euros worth of extras.

it was some thing to do with dealers finding out that at some of the city shows, these extras were being thrown in by the sales guys there. they saw this as unfair and range rover let the dealers also offer the same deal.
mine contacted me to let me know, and i added one of the packs to my order.
the only let down from this was it looks like my car will be arriving a month later now, as the pack included a panoramic roof.

cant wait now, especially as i saw 3 of the cars for the first time yesterday at the dealers, the prestige looked amazing.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
21-09-2011 08:12am
defender_uk

absolutely none....

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
21-09-2011 08:35am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spiderman

(21-09-2011 07:51am)Charlie Wrote:  The poster with the discount wasn't in the UK and for the rest of us any freebies was a non starter either. I'd give it a couple of years.

With the very greatest respect Spiderman I think at the moment on this forum you're quite unique in that you already had a good relationship with your dealer and then gone on to buy three Evoques. A vast number of us are not in that position and are new to the brand. At the moment with the current 'difficulties' most of us will just be pleased to get what we've ordered.

I'm in two minds about this thread. Don't get me wrong, freebie and discount should be my middle names but if I have or will negotiate anything with my dealer (who happens to be the site sponsor) I don't think it will help anyone on here if I broadcast it. If another customer asks for what I've received and is refused then that causes contempt all round. 18 months to 2 years down the line and it's a different story.

All this is my opinion and nothing personal Spiderman. Personally I think you're a great asset to the forum and value your opinion on your new toys especially of your account of ADs.

Hi Charlie, I did not realise the Supposed 6% discount blogger was from outside of the UK, now I do I wholeheartedly agree with what you write. I am pleased you value my blogs on this forum as they all take time that I wont get back to write.

Perhaps we should have the site organiser remove this blog in entirety, any idea how one goes about that?

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
21-09-2011 11:30am
Charlie
No Longer Registered

No need to remove it at all, this was only my opinion. How I wish John Lewis' policy could kick in Very Happy
21-09-2011 11:46am
Barneyridge

I don't think any of us will be getting any or much of a discount. I was just fortunate that my dealer made a mistake which I did not mention before or after I signed my contract. I think most would respect the process and I certainly have and will not give specific details about the dealership and dealer for the reasons that have been pointed out. My view is the old school economics, supply and demand. Given the demand i an sure the dealer could replace my order with someone willing to accept my spot.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
21-09-2011 12:46pm
ytshome

(21-09-2011 12:46pm)Barneyridge Wrote:  I don't think any of us will be getting any or much of a discount. I was just fortunate that my dealer made a mistake which I did not mention before or after I signed my contract. I think most would respect the process and I certainly have and will not give specific details about the dealership and dealer for the reasons that have been pointed out. My view is the old school economics, supply and demand. Given the demand i an sure the dealer could replace my order with someone willing to accept my spot.

We are all entitled to our view and I respect yours, however whilst accepting the fact that these are much sought after vehicles and that the prospect of discounts is sheer fantasy, especially when ones are appearing in the UK classified for 5-10K over list price, this should not give some dealers the entitlement to treat us shabily.

I would be the first to say that there are obviously some marvellous dealers out there. LPR and Perth have already been praised highly and rightly. Indeed LPR have proved very helpful to members, including myself, despite the fact that they don't have our business yet (although I will seriously consider travelling to them next time). This does however fail to deal with the undisputed fact that many many members have been treated very poorly.

LandRover have come up with a truly outstanding product and I'm genuinely blown away by just how good it is after two days with it. The LandRover staff are seemingly hugely proud of their achievements, given what one member has told us on his visit to the Halewood plant and the fact that a car filled with five LandRover workers followed me into a restaurant car park yesterday a full ten miles away from the plant and they wanted to know how we rated her. They were really keen, enthusiastic and happily employed (something that isn't taken for granted in Liverpool)

LandRover UK have also been first class, just look at how they've handled the launch and all of those events throughout the country. So why don't all of the dealers recognise what we do and make the final part of this process as enjoyable as the rest is. I'm new to LandRover. Based on the product I'm here to stay.......based on the dealers.....we'll have to see.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
21-09-2011 02:02pm