Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Changing spec will it delay or bring forward my date?
andyuk

RE: Changing spec will it delay or bring forward my date?

Just one issue i am still not sure on though!

the Adaptive Dynamics which is standard on tis model.

I was chatting through all the extras the dynamic has over the Pure & my sales guy stated that the Adaptive Dynamic's is basically an extra button option which you need to press to get into this mode but after reading these forums i was under the impression that it is automatically on all the time?

Is my sales guy correct or have i mis-read something?

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
20-09-2011 10:43pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spiderman

The sales guy should go on a training course as he has not got a clue what he is speaking about!!!

The Adaptive Dynamics are on 24/7 and the suspension monitors the road 1,000 times a second and adapts to the surface a max of 50 times a second, therefore this suspension gives a fantastic ride without any of the wallowness typically associated with LR & RR products, whilst making the ride incredibly comfortable and competent and if you press the button on the Terrain Responce to select the Advance Dynamics Dynamic Mode everything firms up, the engine is remapped, the steering weights up nicely and your Evoque will becmore a more focussed machine and turn itself into a 'real drivers' car and don't listen to any nonsense from anyone that it spoils the ride, is too firm etc as this is untrue, as its better than convensional spring or wishbone suspension & it handles the road and different surfaces with nothing less than utter brilliance!

As testament to this both myself and my wife chose AD for our two Evoques after we tried out the two types of suspension available on the Evoque & we have completely different styles and are definitely very different drivers, I have been driving for 32 years, I have raced as well as instructed at a very high level so I like a well set up & focussed toy, my wife on the other hand has been driving for 17 years & likes an easy comfortable cruiser with more a relaxed nature, so go ahead & add it to your Evoques orders as you really won't regret having it folks, but, you just might regret not specifying it as it gives you 2 cars for the price of 1 and that's a very good bargain indeed!!!

Arrived: Dynamic, 5 door, Sumatra Black, Verve Interior, Textured Aluminium, 20" Silver Alloys.

On order: Dynamic Lux, 5 door, Fuji White, Black Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Verve Leather, Textured Aluminium, 20" Black Alloys, TPMS, Heated Steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, Spare Wheel.

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
(This post was last modified: 21-09-2011 02:16am by Spiderman.)
21-09-2011 02:15am
Evoqess

(19-09-2011 09:24am)vision*R Wrote:  A Pure + lots of options is still a Pure. A Prestige with the same equipment will have a better sales value after a few years.
And indeed you will never get the Prestige interior quality even in a loaded Pure.

Backtracking a bit with this comment. Having checked out the Prestige oxford leather and the grained leather of the Pure in the demo vehicles doing the rounds - I'm just not sure how the softer leather will hold up over time.
There was some sag in the demo vehicle!
As a future buyer I might actually prefer a nicely optioned, tasteful Pure with taut leather.
AS IF!! I do love the Oxford leather prestige - puhleeeze no sag.
But the bottom line is go with your what you can afford and makes you smile - don't fret too much about future values as buying a new vehicle is not a wise financial decision in the first place (just watch the value drop as you drive it from the dealer) and you will lose a wad of $$$ anyway at resale.

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
21-09-2011 05:22am
vision*R

I've seen sag in all Evoques and nearly all pictures. I'm not very fond of it myself but it seems to be a feature rather than a fault.
Sure every vehicle will lose value, but it doesn't hurt being sensible. A Prestige / Dynamic will get you a better resale value than speccing all elements as separate options, full stop.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
(This post was last modified: 21-09-2011 07:03am by vision*R.)
21-09-2011 07:03am
mark_n

Andy, oh dear, the dealer is talking total nonsense but, knowing the dealer, I'm not surprised. A car on standard damping has just one setting which has to handle any driving conditions and it necessariy a compromise. The adaptive damping works all the time with two settings, the dynamic making the drive more sporting.

As for the leather, the softer the leather, the more easily it will stretch. You can help by stopping it from drying out by feeding it, but if a car is out in the sunshine a lot, it's a problem. I expect the Dynamic leather will be harder wearing but there's no denying the visual and tactile appeal of the Prestige leather.

Incidentally, the trim for the Evoque is made by Johnson Controls, you can research them online.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 21-09-2011 07:31am by mark_n.)
21-09-2011 07:30am