Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Changing spec will it delay or bring forward my date?
andyuk

Changing spec will it delay or bring forward my date?

Hi I am considering changing my Pure with lots of extras to a Dynamic. My sales guy has said that it would probably alter my delivery date which currently is 12th Jan but he said it is like a lottery & it may bring it forward or may push it back but there is no way he can tell until he changes it on the system.

Has anyone done similar on here & what happened to the delivery date? I really want to go for the Dynamic after seeing it in the flesh rather than spending £3k plus on extras on the Pure but really don't want my order pushed back by 2 months or something similar!

Thanks

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
(This post was last modified: 19-09-2011 08:01am by andyuk.)
19-09-2011 07:59am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Charlie
No Longer Registered

RE: Changing spec will it delay or bring forward my date?

Sorry don't have a definite answer but I would put money on it being brought forward! Very wrongly I think Pure customers are being treated badly.
19-09-2011 08:10am
vinny

If we all change spec from pure to dynamic or prestige this is a win/win situation for JLR considering their recent short sightedness regarding availability and suitability of components needed to fulfill orders from paying customers.
If you have ordered a pure stick to your guns and hound them to produce the goods on or around the given delivery date,I will!

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
19-09-2011 08:22am
griff

I agree with Charlie. The Dynamic and Prestige models are, in my opinion, considered to be the flagship models of the range, probably because profit margins are higher.
In launching a product you want profit as soon as possible to reduce costs already incurred in sales and development.
So you might get it quicker.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
(This post was last modified: 19-09-2011 08:25am by griff.)
19-09-2011 08:25am
vinny

So why didnt they delay availability of the pure until 2012 just like they have with the 2wd instead of giving false hope to people who have chose the pure models?

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
19-09-2011 08:47am
Daigriff

I changed from a pure to a Prestige and it brought forward my estimated delivery date by over a month...2nd November now.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
19-09-2011 08:56am
Urban Splash

I changed from Pure to Prestige, week before last. I think it was classed as an order cancellation, and a new order for the new vehicle. I kept the same build slot though. LR did try to charge me the higher price for the panoramic roof though, but the dealer sorted it....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
19-09-2011 09:10am
vinny

I have said it before and this probably wont be the last time but I can see the point of changing from pure to dynamic but it beats me why you would change from pure to prestige I just dont get it.

19-09-2011 09:14am
Urban Splash

It's a fair point.... For me, the interior of the Prestige was just a little more special than the Pure. I had added loads to a Pure that are standard on a Prestige, so the price difference was not miles away.

I really would like a dynamic, but can't stand the interior choices. You should be able to spec a dynamic exterior pack to a Prestige/Pure.

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
19-09-2011 09:19am
vision*R

A Pure + lots of options is still a Pure. A Prestige with the same equipment will have a better sales value after a few years.
And indeed you will never get the Prestige interior quality even in a loaded Pure.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
19-09-2011 09:24am