Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Discounts & Finance Deals
Broadway81

Hi all, new member here! Very Happy

I'm interested in purchasing a new Evoque and aside from the usual specification queries I wondered what offers are available from the main dealers?

Are discounts available on new cars and if so, what would be achievable? I'm also working out the best way to make the purchase, the advertised finance rates don't seem to be competitive in the current marketplace at 6.9% APR.

I'd be grateful if anyone could offer any advice or recent experience, so we can understand what is achievable when we come to discussing the numbers!!

Thanks in advance
Kenny
09-03-2015 02:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kojak

RE: Discounts & Finance Deals

Hi,

I don't know if my deal was dealer/chain specific but after being offered like for like....as in, with no extra deposit or monthly increases to get out of my 2 year old pure with 'extras' and jump into a new one with same 'extras' I was very nearly sold.
However they were able to upgrade me to a Dynamic for £1000 upfront or changing the payments a bit.
What made this achievable was a combination of 3 things.
1) I had obviously already spec'd some of the toys that are standard on the dynamic so my payments were part way there.
2) The Final payment rises, which isn't all bad because thats your guaranteed future minimum value.

And most relevant to your query

3) By going to the Dynamic and using LR finance they offered a contribution of £1500. They were not able to do this on a Pure tech for example nor if I shopped around for finance.
Of course I did shop around for finance a little and found that their cheaper rates meant nothing when you lose the contribution from LR.

Hope this helps a little.

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2015 05:40pm by Kojak.)
09-03-2015 05:38pm
Broadway81

Thanks that's interesting, it looks like there maybe something to be had, I wonder how hard you could push

For example when I purchased my current car I managed to obtain 17% discount with APR at 3.9% on a new BMW 3 series. I hear these type of deals are not uncommon for new BMW's and wondered if this was achievable with JLR?

Also does anyone know what the typical order and delivery times are for the Evoques?
09-03-2015 06:28pm
Wife's car

I have just ordered my second Evoque I was offered 5% off new price and other discounts. I spoke to another dealer and he said he could not match that but did say that any dealer could discount a new car by 2% don't know if that helps
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2015 07:17pm by Wife's car.)
09-03-2015 07:16pm
Broadway81

Thanks, that's great so there are deals out there

I hear there's a facelift coming, does anyone know when?....I wonder if this will impact on prices of the 'outgoing' ones

I was checking prices of used, they are keeping strong though so I'd rather pay the slight premium and order to spec
09-03-2015 07:24pm
Kojak

Sure there will be deals on the out going models closer to the time but I'm guessing that they wont be plentiful as most cars are built to order and these days technology means that land rover could predict fairly well when to stop taking orders on the current model without having surplus. Plus the fact that the new model will be more expensive will keep the prices fairly strong and I'm sure there will be disappointed people waiting too long to grab a better deal who will get squeezed out.

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
09-03-2015 08:09pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

One problem for you is that there is huge demand for ALL Land Rover products so JLR do not need to offer big incentives to persuade people to buy one. Just look at the lead in times for factory builds............... it also doesn't help that JLR exports 80% of production, the remaining 20% has to be fought over by us in the UK. I have a run out Defender on order............. the earliest build date is September - when I ordered my first Evoque there was a 2 year lead in time and my current one had 6 months wait due to a problem at the factory

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2015 08:29pm by XFullFatTim.)
09-03-2015 08:26pm
genericd

Ouch
09-03-2015 10:57pm