Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Deposits and firm orders
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Deposits and firm orders

Thought it might be useful to try and get some clarification as there are a couple of new threads about deposits and firm orders and where people are in a queue. It is my understanding that LR and dealers were/are asking for a £1000 deposit which is fully refundable until the point a firm order is placed. I understood that the deposit placers were given odd bits of info when it filtered through from LR and invited to some special events etc.

Some dealers have taken a lot of deposits and some people know what number they are in relation to when each deposit was left.

I also understand that once full prices were released firm orders could be placed and your position in the 'queue' would change.

So those surely who have been told that they are number 101 doesn't mean you get your car after the first 100 as some or lots of those people will wait until they see one/wait until they drive one/not buy at all for any other reason.

Feel free to discuss what you think the deposit is for and how your dealer explained it.
06-04-2011 10:23pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
x5pea

RE: Deposits and firm orders

My £1000 deposit gets me no 19 in the que, so there are 18 people in front of me to order their's when the order bank opens... seems pretty straight forward to me.

I understand the customer details get send onto LR and they contact the customers directly regarding model , spec etc and a delivery date is given, if the 18 people in front of me order a 5dr and im the first coupe customer i expect i would get me earlier than the person in position no 18.
06-04-2011 10:29pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Will depend also on the allocation and model split that LR have given each dealer - you might get there even quicker if you order an Si4

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2011 10:35pm by XFullFatTim.)
06-04-2011 10:32pm
x5pea

(06-04-2011 10:32pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  Will depend also on the allocation and model split that LR have given each dealer

yeah i mentioned dealer allocation else where on the site

I understand all dealers are getting 25 cars from launch, did u use T&C again ?
06-04-2011 10:35pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Never used T&C as they are in Aberdeen and I'm in Stirling................................. so I used my usual friendly dealership in London - LPR Cool

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2011 10:43pm by XFullFatTim.)
06-04-2011 10:37pm
x5pea

(06-04-2011 10:37pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  Nvere used T&C as they are in Aberdeen and I'm in Stirling................................. so I used my usual friendly dealership in London - LPR Cool
I thought u were aberdeen Laughing, my bad

I had a chat with James but his advice was to grab the space at my local dealers
06-04-2011 10:40pm